CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Captvty 3 installation

Hello

Captvty is a software for downloading replays of French speaking TV (from France, Belgium, Swiss, Canada...)
Captvty 2 works fine with Crossover on my Mac M1

(from captvty.fr)

but this software will soon be retired and replaced by the more recent Captvty V3
v3.captvty.fr

When using Linux I basically do (extract from https://framagit.org/Paullux/captvty-script-installateur-pour-ubuntu/-/blob/master/CaptvtyV3.sh)

winetricks -q dotnet452 corefonts gdiplus fontsmooth=rgb vlc win7

I have been able to add dotnet452, but I can't find core fonts gdiplus and font smooth

Thanks

Hi there,

Core Fonts should be available just by searching for "Core Fonts" in CrossOver. GDI is available with "Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+"

fontsmooth=rgb is a little trickier. Winetricks is setting registry keys, which you can do manually in CrossOver. To do this for a given bottle, click "Run Command" in the right sidebar, then enter "regedit" in the command field to open the registry editor. To achieve what Winetricks does, you'll need to make sure the following registry keys are set. Note, these are all found under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

FontSmoothing - should be set to 2
FontSmoothingOrientation - should be set to 1
FontSmoothingType - should be set to 2 (this will likely be set to 1, so you'll need to edit this one)

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibnhScnZxNVpRV1VrNzVQcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9