CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't see my apps?

Hi, I installed Office 2010 and Microsoft Project 2010 on Crossover 11 (XP bottle). It seems that i can't see my apps after installation. On launch crossover always tell me to install new software and the "Run installed software" button is greyed out. Tried different times with different bottles, but i can't see the apps not even in the launchpad (like in crossover 10).

The only way for me to run a program is to browse the bottle's content and run the .exe file from the programs folder.

I've got the same issue. Some of the games I'm trying to run will only work correctly when run as an app as opposed to opening the exe. Anyone know how to fix this?

Exactly the same problem here with version 11.1 of crossover. I install for example winrar and all works as it should, but i must always go to the program folder inside drive c: and there to the winrar folder to start the winrar.exe by hand. The program menu still is empty. This was no problem in version 10. Please help me, thank you...

Same here! Installed Fl studio and got it working with my reg key (great!) but Where do I start the program???
The startup screen only let me select install although when using "Run command" (I'm using it in swedish so the translation might not be right) I can run it if I browse to the directory and run it from there.

Shame. I was so going to buy this software but now I dunno... :/

EDIT: seems I have exactly the same problem as the above.

It sounds like the problem is that Crossover isn't correctly making the launcher icons for Office upon the installation's completion. Since you've got multiple install of Office, I'd recommend that you first delete all but one of your Office 2010 bottles:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/delete_bottle

After doing so, go to Crossover's Configure>Clear and Rebuild Programs menu tool, and choose "rebuild". After doing so, do any Office icons appear in Crossover's Programs menu?

If not, the next thing to try is to manually create launcher icons. The following link describes how to do so:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/create_launcher

In this case you'll be using WINWORD.EXE, EXCEL.EXE, POWERPNT.EXE, OUTLOOK.EXE, etc. First check to make sure that the files, when "run", do launch the Office programs, and if so try creating a launcher icon as shown.

If your bottle doesn't contain any of the proper .EXE's, that means the install was not complete. Delete the final bottle and attempt another install, being sure to use the 32-bit installer for Office 2010 (64-bit installers won't work).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia1ZMQkthd2EyVkhiY1UyNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9