CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wireless Xbox 360 controller and Mark of the ninja on Steam

Hello,

I've downloaded from steam the game "Mark of the ninja" that works on crossover without any problem, except one.

I'm using the Xbox 360 wireless controller with tattiebogle drivers. On this particular game the gamepad it's recognized, but the buttons are messed up (B is recognized like A, A like X etc.).

I have tried a wired logitech joypad and it works fine, but i prefer the Xbox controller...

Do you have any idea how to remap the buttons?

Just a note: the Xbox 360 controller works fine on my mac games, so it is not a drivers issue.

Thanks!!

I don't know if there is a way to do that now. Xpadder is a program that can do that on Windows but I haven't gotten it running in CX just quite yet.
However, there will be a way of doing that in the future I hope, the next (I think 14) version of CX might do do that as that Wine version should have some support for remapping joysticks. I am curious to learn if there is another way that works now.

OMG how did you achieve that?

The 'B like A, A like X issue' is simply the difference between XInput (newer) and DirectIput (older) button mappings, and the specific problem you're experiencing indicates that the X360 Controller is pouring XInput-styled input into OS X, which is what I've been seeking for a really long time…

There're many modern games accepting only XInput-styled input, and OS X games that have yet to get inside MAS are doing the same, too. OS X simply don't accept XInput controllers if without 3rd party driver, and thus I have failed to play a lot of games (ALL Valve's titles, Bastion, Trine, on Steam) with a controller…

It looks like the game you're playing is expecting DirectInput-styled input. Well, if the driver you are using do not provide remapping function, maybe you need to use another driver…

Addition: Button layout for X and D input

LT                                      RT
LB                                      RB
          Back            Start         Y
                                      X   B
      Left Joystick   Right Joystick    A
       (Press down)    (Press down)
XInput(newer):

Z+                                      Z-
5                                       6
           7               8            4
                                      3   2
          9                 10          1

DirectInput(older):

7                                       8
5                                       6
           9               10           4
                                      1   3
         11                 12          2

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieDN0NkVGbTl2d2JYRnhkNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9