CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rock Raiders fails to open every time! directx error? [PICS INCLUDED]

So i got the inspiration today to install one of my all time favorite games from years ago, LEGO Rock Raiders. I put the disc in and selected a win98 bottle and to install from the disc. The installer got running and here's how it went:

1) First thing that popped up, I just hit next.

2)Second window to pop up, hit next again.

3)This part seemed to go smoothly.

4)This is where things get a bit interesting, I assumed i should say 'yes' to this, so I did.

5)Then this popped up. I hit yes.

6)That brought me here. I have no idea how to approach this, I'm assuming it has to do with the directX 6 install? It popped up after I clicked yes, but perhaps directx installed quickly and this was the next screen, I have no idea.

7)Don't have a pic, but basically reached the end screen that said it installed and I have to restart my computer. When I clicked restart now and hit finish, nothing happened but since it's being run through crossover it didn't seem a problem. I changed my answer to restart later and hit finish and it all went away.

Now when I go to open it it flashes a black screen before (i'm assuming) crashing. The thing is, when i changed my display to 800x600, the program stayed at the black screen, still nothing after that, but didn't crash (it may of course have crashed and just stayed at the black screen because the resolution was different or something. I eventually had to force quit crossover to get it to go away. So now I ask for help if anyone knows how to fix this, I'm really itching to play this game again so if there's any information you want let me know and I'll try to get it to you asap. Thanks!

bump

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEdoSFhncm40d1NwN2I0YiIsImdkcHIiOjB9