CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2007 installed but did not appear in Programs menu (SOLVED)

Today I installed Office 2007 in CrossOver 11.3.1 for Mac (using the .tie file). I installed it into a new, separate WinXP bottle. The installation went well and after the installation all the programs were visible in the bottle (ok, to be fair I don’t know which ones were supposed to be there but none of the main programs were missing).

However, the programs did not show up in the Programs menu and double clicking them in the Bottle Manager did nothing.

Searching for answers on the web in general and on CodeWeavers support pages gave no solution.

SOLUTION
I then tried to install Office again from the same DVD, this time a different installer came up, as it recognized that Office was already installed (good sign).

After having run the "Repair" option (which did take some time), suddenly all the programs were added to their respective folders in Finder and in the Programs menu.

So, if you run into something similar – installing Office a second time and running "Repair" might do the trick.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidTdZODJKUkJDSzJnMnRoZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9