CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WUFI5

Hello
CrossOver 12.1.1 fails to install WUFI 5, a building science application. The install seams to work, but the I get an error message:
'The program WP_datapump.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We ar sorry for the inconvenience.'
When I hit' show more details' another error message appears 'Error creating object. lease verify that Microsoft Data Access Components 2.1 (or later) have been properly installed.'

I am new to CrossOver (and windows)and have no idea how to instal Microsoft Data Access'

The program error details never seams to generate an error log.

Any help?

The program I am trying to instal is here:
https://www.verlag.fraunhofer.de/wufi/?bezg=frei

WUFI ORNL 5.2

Ok, so I have actually moved beyond that error. I found that another bottle I had, had Microsoft Data Access installed on it, so I installed WUFI on that. Now I can get to the application's splash screen, but then get another error: 'Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed' This dialogue seems to be generated by WUFI 5.app itself, not crossover.

To dig deeper, you should generate a log file, with the "run windows command" tool and asking for the log file to be created. At first, just ask for the log file without any options, or you'll be submerged in details.

Often, you will find that the log file mentions some missing dll. These dll files are usually part of some support software which can be installed in the bottle. At worst, you have to find the dll file itself on the net.

If more is needed than a simple dll, you might need a support ticket instead. Although your software is very probably unsupported, The staff might have some ideas for you.

Thanks for the help. I found the program was looking for two .dll files, which I think I installed properly, they no longer appeared in the error log after I installed them. now I am getting this error message:

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {6c736db1-bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {6c736db1-bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10} could be created for context 0x1

I got it to work. I installed "Microsoft Jet 4.0" whatever that is, and the program seems to be functioning. It still creates some error is the log, but appears to be working.

Thanks for your help

-Tobias

Great that you have it working.

Most software will generate some errors in the log, no matter how well it runs. Since Wine/Crossover essentially "translates" instructions made for Windows, there will almost always be something "lost in translation". So as long as the situation allows you to run the software to your satisfaction, that is what you should aim for.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHY5WE1QdXlmSnhVWmQ2UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9