CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Experimental Mac Driver

Not finding any info in relation to this new feature in 12, I'll start a very general thread posing some broad questions.

On what applications has it been tried?
In which cases has it worked?
Are there guidelines as to what applications are likely to benefit?
Is there any planned addendum to the application rating system that will incorporate this option?
Alternately, should there be a compatibility/results scoreboard started capturing users' experiences?
Are there tech details that may help experts determine when to use this feature?
What would Codeweavers like the userbase to do?

ps. I still like the press release about this feature. I wish more press releases were like it.

In CrossOver 12 we turned it on for Skyrim, where it fixed a longstanding and difficult to address issue with mouse movement. It is not the default for any other supported apps in the 12 release, although we are now at a point where it we are interested in how it runs anything and everything which our users run on a Mac.

We are not keeping a comprehensive list of applications where it has been tried. It is always useful to know new ones.

The Mac Driver is, as of a week ago, essentially committed to the Wine in www.winehq.org, which is the open-source base for CodeWeavers' CrossOver. Someday soon it will become the default way that Wine runs on Mac computers.

For now, experimentation is good! If you run a Windows application in CrossOver and it works differently / better / worse with the Mac Driver as compared to the default X11 driver, telling us about it is valuable.

Now that the Mac Driver is a part of the mainline Wine in www.winehq.org, we expect it to be the default in CrossOver in the relatively near future. Therefore, at this point, any experiment you can do which breaks the Mac Driver is of interest to us. If you have an application - any app whatsoever - which you feel performs in a sub-optimal fashion under the Mac Driver, please let us know. I think we're receptive to any bugs our users can find, and we'd like to fix them all.

Some day in the not-too-distant future I imagine a CrossOver beta cycle in which the Mac Driver is the default. For now, tell us how it is working for you when you turn it on.

Cheers,

Josh.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNllua3lGU0ZyZ0pwdUtjZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9