CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does anyone actually pay for this product?

I've tried 4 games through Crossover with only 1 of them actually working, and not having full functionality at that. Of those 4, there have been many hours of searching forums, downloading software, uninstalling programs...the list goes on. I've put a lot of hours into trying to make games run. Am I just super unlucky? Are others pleased with this product? I'm still in the trial period and currently, can't imagine paying for this. Not to mention, these seem to be the least active and least helpful forums of any forums I've ever used for troubleshooting. I've gotten 1 person to respond over a few days to 3 different topics. WTF is going on? Am I missing something? I'm not trying to come here and QQ. I'm trying to figure out if there is any reason to pay for this software and so far, I don't see one in my case.

My latest failure is Dungeons & Dragons online. I tried through Steam, which seems to be working so far, but it didn't allow me to Open D&D after I installed it. I have another unanswered thread on that one. I just tried again through Crossover, following the instructions online and it didn't even get through the entire installation process. To add insult to injury, it got through about 3 hours of downloading before I got a 'fatal error' with 7 minutes left. Awesome.

If anyone is alive on these forums, do you care to share your Crossover experience? Any opinions on D&D Online?

I am very impressed seeing such negativity toghether in the same post. I can't imagine if you pay for the software the queality of complains you whould write. It is incredible how you Scorn the work if others.

Answering your question. First go to the webpage and look for your game and look if it is supported. Dungeons and dragons is not supported. If you pay you are only paying to run those games that are supported. The others are a plus and are supported by the community that is not obligated to answer your questions and more in the way you write. But if you have problems with a supported application you can write a support ticket.

I payed for crossover and I use it in daily basis. I use Outlook excel word acrobat reader winmerge internet explorer and powerpoint and they work perfectly.

Many others can show you many games that run perfectly in crossover.

And if you only are asking for help it is the worst way you found to do it.

Sorry for my English

Your attitude here is all wrong, as Carlos has stated.

First of all, this site does list which applications are officially supported, on top of what the community of users have tested for themselves. If you are outside of both spectrum, then please, feel free to go without Crossover. No one is twisting your arm to make use of it.

Myself, I run a number of softwares, including Skyrim and StarCraft II as big name games, and they run very well of late. I also have MS Office 2007 for occasionnal use, and see no problem there either. Therefore, Crossover does serve my purpose with competence. In other words, I pay because what I need is supported or at the very least runs well.

Further, you should know that the staff might help you, even if your software is unsupported, should they have the resources to do it. And if I'm not mistaking, you're the very guy I told to open a support ticket. You can open a support ticket even during the trial period. Instead, it seems you would rather complain to the community from which you would have support. That is a bad way of doing things, compounded by the fact the forum is clearly indicated not to be an official support channel.

And speaking for myself, your attitude is common among the very worst Mac users have to offer, that of entitlement. Mind you, the vast majority of Mac users are very friendly, but your diatribe is the embodyment of one whom will not be missed should he go away. In fact, I have been able to help a few Mac users new to Crossover with a very pleasing relationship. It seems Linux users have "snob geekdom" throwing RTFM at the noobs, Mac users have people like you.

Please consider the possibility that your lack of response on these forums is not so much because the forum isn't active, but more that you kill the motivation to answer by your attitude.

Well, I have also been unsuccessful at getting many things to run, but a few vital ones actually do (and I do not mean only games). This saves me from having to install Windows, which means, yes, I would pay for it!
While everything working seamlessly would be ideal, it doesn't, and I find that part of the fun is in getting things to work and sharing those experiences. Assuming that you too are an Advocate, why don't you too go step by step with screenshots so people can see and help?
I've ranted a lot, got helped a lot, and yeah.. end of the day.. still frustrated, but happy enough to keep trying!
Haven't tried D&D though, so can't help there! Try looking
here.

Firstly, you both (1st 2 commenters) are putting huge judgements on me, based on my experience with Crossover. It's caused headache with almost everything I've tried to run. Supported and unsupported. Even the unsupported ones were community supported and seemed to work for most folks. I had hoped for more success and less headache than I'm seeing. I'm not whining like a baby. There are reasons for my complaints. I'm not 'entitled' to anything, but I'd sure like some stuff. Namely, a product that is going to suit my needs. So, I'm here asking for opinions about the product, but instead I get a ton of judgement from forums that I have already found barely helpful. These are observations, based on my experience. They're pretty fair too. Other forums I've used have all too many folks jumping at the change to share knowledge. Here, it seems it's annoying and infrequent. By the time I come here, I had spent hours troubleshooting. I'm frustrated, tired and just looking for advice and a little venting room. I can't believe the load of judgement I've gotten.

The first 2 responders are acting like I'm insulting them. I have no idea why my opinions would touch such a nerve. Yes Jean, I opened a ticket for one of my issues. The other 4...I'm not going to bother. I thanked you for your advice and time in that other thread. I'm a mature adult and treated you respectfully and appreciated your help. You come here and lay judgements all over me and insult me. Awesome.

What a waste of time.

Now that is a helpful response, free of judgment. Take a note.

OK, well you come off with judgment yourself, but you don't notice yours?

Let's use a quote to clear the air. When you use a title like "Does anyone actually pay for this product?", does this really seem like a simple comment? If you believe that is the right way to start a constructive conversation, I assure you, you are horribly wrong. This kind of title, like any title, sets the tone of your text, as that is how titles work. Can you imagine the mind set you generated? Do you not see the judgment layed on us who do buy? If you don't, there's no point in explaining.

As for the entitlement part, you complain because no one has answered you on the forums! No one is obligated to answer you, so complaining about it isn't on the menu. See where I come from? I never did that on any forum. If I didn't get an answer, I didn't feel I had the right to complain as no one owed me anything. This mind set is particularly present on Linux based forums, hence my "Linux geek" dispositions. To me, complaining about a lack of response is in fact entitlement behavior, although you obviously disagree. I am ready to admit to an obvious bias here, but it is one I happen to agree with and find logical.

It is unfortunate that things didn't go better for you. First, no one really knows the state of your system. Is there some software which is interfering with Crossover, like an old video driver? Such things are regular impediments which prevent software from running, and that applies to Mac which aren't as prefect as they say. When it come to help, the community can only go so far. Second, it also seem your written expression style is subject to putting forward some pretty nasty impressions, although you apparently did not intend to generate them.

Perhaps if this would have been a verbal communication, in person, or that I knew you better, my view on your post would have been different. I sincerely hope that we could reach an understanding should you become a more permanent part of this community. At this point, you're not exactly putting forward a fertile ground for friendly, constructive communications. I'll take your word about just wanting to vent, and will not hold anything against you should we communicate again.

In any case, I hold no grudge, and would still be willing to help where and when I can in light of your last post.

I have voiced disappointment with a lack of response but that was because the advocate for a game didn't respond at all. But after thinking about it for some time, I then decided that even if I couldn't solve the actual problem at least I could help with more responses and that was the biggest reason for me to become an advocate. The problem itself isn't solved even Today but the discussion on the game in question was quite lively for a while.

So, I am now a bit more involved than I was before and I do try and answer where and when I can...sometimes quite often, sometimes not at all for some time.

It doesn't matter (to me at least, CodeWeavers, the company, probably thinks differently) whether one pays or has paid for CrossOver and starting a topic with this type of title will just annoy people and thereby lead them to either not respond at all or do so in an annoyed manner. I remember seeing the first msg here and shaking my head as I deleted the mail.

As for your problem, I take it you are running it on Unix because there is a native Mac client. If you are on a Mac, I’d suggest you get the native client and go from there.

Jean-Patrick, you've made your mind up about me. You haven't understood me at all. I have every right to feel however I want to feel about my experience. I had a criticism about Crossover, the product. Are you a shareholder? Are you a developer? How have I slighted you in my frustration with Crossover? Why does my criticism of the product upset you? Ask yourself those questions and see where you get.

To understand where I'm coming from, you need to really understand I'm expressing my feeling about my experience. As I mentioned, on other support forums, I have experienced a huge level of assistance. HUGE. So many helpful answers. Here, I had a post go days before even a single comment. That's a concern, as a customer. I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to put money into Crossover. I'm a shopper. Support is a big factor, considering every game I tried, came with a hassle. I can accept that, to a point, if there is support from users and/or staff.

Back up for a minute and stop taking my criticism for a product experience so personally. My initial posting language certainly wasn't the most pleasant, but it could have been a lot worse. I'm a customer. You're not customer service, but you are part of a support community. If you didn't like my post, don't comment and don't help. Equally, you shouldn't jump all over me and tall me how I'm the worst kind of Mac user, because I'm having an emotional reaction as a customer. I don't understand how you think your actions are justified and mine aren't. I criticized a product, based on my experience. You criticized a person. How in the world do you rationalize that as OK, but my actions as not?

Anyway, I have no interest in going back and forth with you. I'm a big enough man to walk away when it's time. It's time.

Again, I appreciate your help, previously. This product just isn't a solution for what I need, so I'll be moving on.

Geez, ok guy, so be it. Best of luck to you anyway, I do wish you will find a solution, and forum, that agrees with you. No, really, I mean it! 😉

We are part of the CrossOver community. We are here to help users with our experience. And of course we love the product and also we payed for it. So judging the product the way you did in codeweaver's own forums is obviously taken personally. As Jean said the subject is enough to deserve such response. Go to a more neutral forum like stackoverflow or some mac forums.

But here the answer to your question yes we payed for the product and use it in daily basis.

Regards,
Carlos

Thanks Eveline and Carlos, I was beginning to think I was writing something really ludicrous in some martian tongue. Your respective post suggested I was still sane...

I was even ready to take the guy on his word that he did not mean to be abrasive. Yet it seems, according to him, that I had made my mind up about him. Go figure. I don't think this guy was really a potential customer, as his attitude showed a very high level of frustration.

Just to be clear, I like this community, and both on the Mac and Linux side of things. Maybe I'm not picky enough! 😈

I don't use CrossOver with Mac, I use it on my Linux laptop. I keep an eye out here on this forum because often the issues found here have some applicability with my Linux environment. I've been using CrossOver for about 8 or 9 years. It has allowed by to break away from Micro$oft and utilize a Linux ennvironment while still working within the confines of my (and my customer's) environment (e.g., MS Office).

I've been watching this thread for the past few days and felt compelled to speakup.

Has it been frustrating using CrossOver? Yup, sometimes. Has Codeweavers been responsive (since I'm a paying customer)? Absolutely! Have they managed to fix all of the issues and completely port these complex environments? Nope. Have they truly allowed me to be highly productive with their product. Yes (in my humble opinion.)

Have I tried to help them to improve their product while at the sametime get the support and solutions that I need. Yes, I have. For the relatively trivial money being asked here to have an application (or game) run in a non-supported environment, I think CrossOver does a pretty damn good job. And, after all, it was our decision to use the environments that we have.

You could always go back to a Microsoft system and run all the games you want.... for alot more money than CrossOver costs you.

I've watched this thread. For two days I've written responses that I didn't post because I felt the community was doing a better job of answering the questions and discussing the topic than I could or would. This is as much an opinion about our product as it is anything else and without feedback we cannot begin to make our product better. I do feel that the thread has come to a point where staff should speak up so here I am.

The first thing I want to say is that the forums just aren't meant to be our main form of support... when anyone goes to create a thread or respond to them, one of the items posted is:

This is not a support forum. If you need product support use our Support Ticket System.

Yet we get into trouble on our forums with this regularly. We strive to improve the community and be active on our forums but the truth is we have three people who regularly answer tickets, answer phone calls and watch the forums (in addition to testing, lots and lots of testing). One of the first things I consider when I come to a thread similar to this is how much information is given on the application in our database.

The sample in this case is:

Dungeons and Dragons Online

It's rated gold on the Mac and silver on Linux. Both are "Unsupported" ranks because we feel that the installation process of this game is "dodgy" at best (as in, the game runs well but the installation is such a hassle for some users that we don't offer support for it).

Knowing that this game has been trouble in the past, I went through the Tips & Tricks section for the game. One of the first items there talks about the Steam release and clearly states that it does not work (not to mention the Details tab that lists it as "known not to work").

Within the Tips & Tricks section for Dungeons and Dragons Online there are instructions from our staff and from our community that will help get the game running. I've spent some time following those instructions and I don't feel that anything is out of place. I was able to get the game running with these instructions (it has been a while since I tested it... but the install recipe that tells CrossOver how to install DDO also happens to be mine, many of the instructions were carefully constructed by myself and our support staff while others were graciously offered up by some of our best community members and are highly accurate).

What I'm saying is... the information for Dungeons and Dragons is there and available along with a link to their beta Mac client. For an "unsupported" application, our community and staff have gone leaps and bounds to give information on how to run this application.

There are thousands of applications that people need to run or want to run on their Mac or Linux box that happen to be "Windows" applications. We cannot begin to support all of these or make them all work. In cases where an application or game is highly popular, we do our best to leave instructions and our findings with that entry in our database.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what else a person could be looking for with this particular title. It works and is a pain to install. That's all over the entry, it's no secret.

I know that many people want better support in our forums but we simply do not have the bandwidth to cover that and our ticket system, phones and chat channel. Our community often bridges that gap by offering very helpful suggestions when they can and when they cannot, they offer up our ticket system. I am sorry that you do not feel we've been responsive enough and that your experience has not been pleasant. I appreciate the feedback about our support and we'll certainly take it into consideration as we attempt to better prioritize our tasks.

On a new note. I searched our ticket system by name and by email address for your account and I have not discovered a single entry (this covers messages submitted as Support Tickets and as emails to info@codeweavers.com). Perhaps you've used a different name? A different email address? Without having a ticket or email in our system I cannot begin to evaluate how well our means of supporting you through that method worked. I did ask any other staff that encountered a ticket from you to send it my way so that I could prod at any of the unsupported applications you were interested in and so that I could work with those applications one on one. My hope was to give you the same experience many of our users enjoy.

Caron, you and the rest of the staff have always done a good job for as far I'm concerned. There are just some people that refuse to be satisfied.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this guy did NOT open a ticket. I would be surprised if he did. I know he said he did, but in this thread, he didn't mention a support ticket before I did, which I find... "unusual". He also forgot to mention the result of this supposed ticket he opened, which is also odd.

I told him twice, on another thread, to open a ticket because it was too odd a problem for me to have a big chance of solving. Yet you can't find the ticket? My prior contact was friendlier, but not by much, as he was already "complaining" about the lack of responses on the forum, though not in so many words. Funny thing is, I watch the Mac side of things too, as sometimes I have the answer, and my first contact was also the first time I saw him post in the forum.

Since that at this point I don't think it will change anything, I call b... err, phoney baloney about any supposed ticket opened from this guy. I might be wrong, but hey, that's how I see things. (feel free to edit this part as you see fit).

J-P Simard wrote:

Caron, you and the rest of the staff have always done a good job for
as far I'm concerned. There are just some people that refuse to be
satisfied.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this guy did NOT open a ticket. I would be
surprised if he did. I know he said he did, but in this thread, he
didn't mention a support ticket before I did, which I find...
"unusual". He also forgot to mention the result of this supposed
ticket he opened, which is also odd.

Usually, if somebody's paid for Crossover, they are familiar with the ticket system, because paying customers are informed by multiple means how to get support. It is generally not considered to be some sort of Illuminati secret ceremony; as everyone here is aware.

What these guys need to understand before they post the squeaky wheel tirades is three things. First one is the definition of a customer. A customer is an owner of goods or services that have been purchased. Second thing is the definition of a consumer. A consumer is the final user of goods or services that have been purchased. The third thing to know is that he hasn't paid for the product.

So, posing as a customer when you have not paid for the product is an overt lie. Without going into all of the other things that were wrong with his initial posts and all subsequent posts, the bottom line is that there is a credibility issue here. The problem with credibility issues is that they almost always involve wasted time on the behalf of the ninjas; time that could be being used for people that fit the real definition of customer.

Wow. Just...wow. This is the weirdest forum experience of my many years on forums.

So, I hadn't plan on visiting this forum again, as I mentioned in my last post. However, I didn't like the feel of how things were left and came back to try and shift that energy. I haven't read many of the posts since I left, as I have a feeling they would send me packing once more. The irony of getting more responses after I say I'm moving on, than when I actually asked for help/feedback is not lost on me. Think about that for a second.

If my original post offended anyone, personally, I apologize. Sincerely. Many people enjoy letting out their inner A-hole, because we are faceless people on the internet. I'm not one of those people. I try to treat everyone with respect. So again, I apologize. I'm sure this is a great solution for many folks. It just wasn't for me. I decided to run Windows via Boot Camp and I couldn't be happier. Everything went so smoothly, I was actually surprised. That said, i still may try Crossover for things other than games, it the need arises.

So, I've said my peace and this time, I'm moving on for good...or until I decide to try Crossover again. I appreciate the passion folks have for this software and hope you all enjoy your experience.

Well, I can see the OP's last questions, and I shall answer the former; my experiences with Crossover have been 50/50, because I've only used two programs with it so far.

The former, Morrowind GOTY, working perfectly, a clean run. To that I say, great work, guys! 😀

The other, however, I've made a thread about, so that I'll hopefully get help from some of the other community members on the issue soon.

Since I care about the former far more, I can say that I'm satisfied so far.

Chris first off sorry this kinda landed on you. I read your original post and found nothing offensive in it. Just a person venting their frustration.

So, secondly, in case you come back, what happened is that you came in at the tail end of a conversation you didn't start. Every now and then we get a post similar to yours except rather than a vent, they are complete dumps. People are very passionate here because we like (love?) the company and we know they are a small team (tiny in fact) where people routinely pull double duty. And what they're doing is super cool! 'cuz it's open source.

CrossOver was originally a Linux product that allowed you to do the impossible, run windows applications without windows. Now key to that awesomeness is the "without windows" part. We either don't want to install windows or can't for whatever reason. I saw that you installed windows through bootcamp (I presume legally), and that's great. Since that solution worked so good for you, CrossOver's best quality (no need for a windows license) may not be that useful to you. In a way if you have a spare windows license and don't mind using it, you might not be the target, let's say, demographic of CrossOver. I commend you on not taking it personally, pretty big of you Chris, and keeping an open mind for the future.

The most awesome thing (I think) about CrossOver is how much it improves over the years. Maybe when you swing back around you'll find a totally new experience. And I hope a very pleasant one. And remember this is a community forum not a support one, which are more typical, and may have been what you were expecting.

Haha, I'm back again! So, it appears I may have a use for Crossover, after all. My conundrum was needing Windows for gaming mostly and work stuff, to a much lesser degree. If I'm gaming, I don't mind rebooting to Windows, as I'm going to dig in for an extended period of time and not be working. When I'm in OSX, I'm working and switching back and forth would suck. Crossover, if it works for what I need it for, would be an excellent solution. I'll be trying a couple programs in the next few days and I'm optimistic, as they aren't very complicated.

I took the time to read over previous comments and found myself a little sad. I really feel like I was very unfairly judged and I said that from the start. David has brought to my attention why that might have been the case. I can appreciate that. I also appreciate your comments, David. One I have a bone to pick with though, is the idea that this isn't a support forum. It most certainly is a support forum, as I understand it. Support - Forums - General Forums - Crossover Mac. That's what I navigated through. Not trying to be a nitpicky D-bag and if I'm missing something, I'm big enough to eat my words. ;)

The other bone I'll pick is with someone else (forgot the name) who mentioned I'm not a customer and I shouldn't expect customer treatment. My account with Crossover is actually called a Customer Account. So Mr. Forgotyourname, I say to you...touché!

Anyway, I look forward to successfully implementing Crossover to my online tools.

Well, with the attitude I see in your last post... Welcome back and best of luck with your software!

I also admit that there has been some really bad communication here, some of it on my part. I still don't like the title, but I'm gonna let that go! 😋

Rest assured that if I have any solution for your software, I will gladly share it with you.

Chris Bolduc wrote:

One I have a bone to pick with though, is the idea that this isn't a
support forum. It most certainly is a support forum, as I
understand it. Support - Forums - General Forums - Crossover Mac.
That's what I navigated through.

The following are announcement and discussion forums. Customers can use these forums to discuss our products and services.
Note: Official technical support will not be provided in these forums. If you need technical support, please use our Ticket System

General Forums
These forums are for general discussion for our customers.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

Welcome to the CrossOver Mac forum!
This forum will be for discussion about CrossOver Mac.

Rules:

• This is NOT a support forum, use the Ticket System for that.
  • Do NOT post logs into this forum
  • Be Nice!

What can you use this forum for?

Discuss compatibility, suggest features, tell us how great we are, or are not.

The CrossOver Announcements and Known Issues are Support related Forums.
Codeweavers supports officially supported apps using the Ticket System. Where
does it say that the we support the other 4 million or so apps on this Forum?

OK, had to do some deep breaths on this one...

So, this is the kind of attitude that turns me off a little from these forums. The cut and paste with no response from the poster. It's super snotty and happens to be a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

That said, they shouldn't call this a Support forum. It's not my problem it's mislabeled and it is in fact, mislabeled. If it isn't a support forum, it should be labeled one. I'm not crazy because I thought it was Support. It's like when a rack is labeled Discount, but they sneak some stuff on it that isn't discount. It's false advertising. In this case, I'm sure it's just an oversight or a poor choice of heading. You can't label a forum Support and then say it's not for support.

Does this make sense or am I back in the twilight zone?

sevae wrote:

Chris Bolduc wrote:

One I have a bone to pick with though, is the idea
that this isn't a support forum. It most certainly is a support
forum, as I understand it. Support - Forums - General Forums -
Crossover Mac. That's what I navigated through.

The following are announcement and discussion forums. Customers can
use these forums to discuss our products and services.
Note: Official technical support will not be provided in these
forums. If you need technical support, please use our
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/]Ticket
System[/link]

[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/]General
Forums[/link]
These forums are for general discussion for our customers.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific
questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All
application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their
appropriate
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/]Compatibility Center
Forum[/link].

[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?;t=27]CrossOver
Mac[/link]
Discussion about
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/]CrossOver
Mac[/link]

[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;msg=32288]Welcome
to the CrossOver Mac forum![/link]
This forum will be for discussion about CrossOver Mac.

Rules:

• This is NOT a support forum, use the Ticket System for that.
  • Do NOT post logs into this forum
  • Be Nice!

What can you use this forum for?

Discuss compatibility, suggest features, tell us how great we are,
or are not.

The
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/announce/?;t=24]CrossOver
Announcements[/link] and
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?;t=28]Known
Issues[/link] are Support related Forums.
Codeweavers supports officially supported apps using the Ticket
System. Where
does it say that the we support the other 4 million or so apps on
this Forum?

I'll give you that one on the spot mr. Bolduc.

What I finally interpreted this as meaning is that the forum is not an "official" support channel. But it does allow the community to "support" itself. So support from the community is NOT true support for the software. I think the point is that the staff might not be aware of all threads on the forum all the time, so if you want attention from the staff, you better use a ticket.

The forum can still be used for the community supporting itself. For example, I've helped a few ArchLinux users here, as our distro is not an officially supported distro. Some stuff is just too specific for the staff to know about. So I have helped where I could for users of my distro. It's still not official support.

Anyway, I have discussed other less-then-optimal terminology with the staff before. This "confusion" about the forum is a recurring theme. I think I might raise the issue with the staff some time soon. One option would be to make "Forums" entry stand on it's own on the web page, instead of being clustered in the "support" tab. I'll make a suggestion...

For the time being, if you want official support, the ticket system is the only official channel. If you want to submit a problem to the community, please feel free to use the forum with the understanding that the community might not have the answer you're looking for.

edit -- I don't want to keep this going. Chris, best of luck!

Haha...I did the same thing Sevae. Typed out a long response and decided the better of it. Good luck to you too.

Chris Bolduc wrote:

One I have a bone to pick with though, is the idea that this isn't a
support forum. It most certainly is a support forum, as I
understand it. Support - Forums - General Forums - Crossover Mac.
That's what I navigated through. Not trying to be a nitpicky D-bag
and if I'm missing something, I'm big enough to eat my words. ;)

Due to this and other feedback we have changed around a few things on our website. This particular comment brought a large moment of clarity to why people continue to think our forums are "Support Forums".

So...

We have added the word "Community" to references of our forum pages.

We have made it easier than ever to contact our team for support (as in, there is a big button on the various ticket entry points that will bring users to a forum to fill out for support even if they don't have a support entitlement).

AND, we've added a link for filing a ticket with verbiage that explains that the forums are for community support, not official support.

My apologies that this took a few days to implement and amend but the hope is that from here on out there will be less confusion.

Ahm...would it be possible to get forum posts as text only mails (for subscribed topics) again, please? They were changed to html mails and I can see no option to switch back to text only.

edit: clarification on what I actually meant :)

1 to 28 of 28

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2J4Q2JxbXJ3UlBZeVh0ZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9