CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Temporary Internet Files

Hi;

I'm using CrossOver on my MacBook Pro to facilitate Outlook 2007. Of late, I noticed that my disk space was dwindling rapidly. I'm pretty diligent about putting work related large files (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) on a separate network drive. But the problem persisted. Finally i utilized DaisyDisk to analyze and found 400,000 files in a directory under .../Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Microsoft Office 2007/drive_c/users/crossover/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files. To the tune of 93 GB! Not sure why this happens, but I deleted and hope Outlook will continue to function properly since these files seemed to be "Temporary".

Wondering if anyone else has run into this?

Lionel

I've had this some problem with CrossOver for Linux. I've written a small bash script that takes the bottle name as input and deletes all temp files. Get it here:

http://pastebin.com/D0AZmq24

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHUybnRmbWVhdlJNemdzTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9