CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Perfect world (no windows application is configured for this type of file) first install.

Hey I have a 27 inch i7 3.4 running lion just got crossover today and am trying to install perfect world I am still on the trial obviously so bare with me as I am not paying yet till I know this works. Anyway I got everything downloaded and the bottle says it is ready everything was downloaded now when I try to install perfect world it keeps saying "no windows application is configured for this type of file" What am I doing wrong? Cant get the game to install at all and the launcher is successfully downloaded thanks in advance. oh its xp that it is using if that helps. :)

It would be more easier to help you with your problem in case you took some time to give more details. What are the exact steps you took to download and install PW? What is the CrossOver flavor and version you're trying to use? What is the exact hardware you have inside your '27" i7 3.4 running lion'?

Sure, we're magicians here, but our magic wands and crystal spheres are down for maintenance currently. Unfortunately we can't read your mind and thoughts without that stuff.

I am having this same issue. I simply just click install from this website, and crossover automatically started to download. I also tried manually installing where I went to "select an installer" and I selected the file. Then I clicked proceed. Then I went to the bottle I made, selected it, clicked proceed, then went directly to the file and opened with crossover. After Perfect world was done, it gave me that same message. I run on a macbook pro (mid 2011)

I have no idea what the message means.

If PW downloaded correctly you can try running its launcher using http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/run_only There might also be a shortcut application icon for it located in (your home folder)/Applications/Crossover.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia1pyU3ZmdVkzZHEzQ3QyVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9