CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Help with path of Exile

Hi Been having some problems running Path of Exile. it is giving me sound problems and random crashes at launch.

Keep in mind I JUST downloaded Crossover because I saw that PoE was in the support list. On that page there is a video "telling me how it get it to work." I watched it, to see no help video on installing Path of Exile but a video on Crossties which isn't supported on PoE.

So what I'm trying to say is, I just bought Crossover because I thought it would be a for sure thing only to find out it isn't. I Feel a little shafted :( get someone help me get this running?

Please help me, Thanks

The game is rated bronze, and that is one step up from not working at all. The rating system starts at "not working", then bronze, silver and gold. Mind you, you should have tried the trial version of Crossover, which would have given you everything you need to try your game, wihtout a penny spent.

That being said, you best open a support ticket explaining the situation. The forum is a good place for discussions and "tricks", but you really need support from the staff. I'm sure Codeweavers will find a way to resolve the situation in a satisfactory manner.

Looking at the database entry on winehq.org it seems that you may need to disable sound with the --nosound command line option to avoid crashes.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25078

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ0JhVE42NUxYZlhCYnR3SiIsImdkcHIiOjB9