CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem installing microsoft directx runtime - modern

Every time I try to install into any kind of new bottle, it gets to about half way and then I get an error stating

'Could not download the Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern installer.

The request timed out.
Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results.'

I've tried installing into various bottles and this still hasn't worked. The options on the error are; try again, pick installer file, skip this step, and cancel installation. Even if I try again, it doesn't work. I can't find the installer file anywhere in the application contents because I don't know what I'm looking for. Trying to install Lego Rock Raiders using an .iso.

Here is the log info -

err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x1c010003
:cxlogfilter:exit

I tried searching around the forum for a solution but couldn't find a relevant one.

I believe you have a corrupt download of DirectX Modern (which would explain why every subsequent attempt fails).

You'll need to manually clean up your "Installers" folder.

1. Open a Finder Window and go to "Library-> Application Support -> CrossOver"
    On Lion, you'll have to add one additional step, hold down the "Option" key and then click the "Go" drop down menu, select "Library" from here and then proceed.

2. Select the "installers" folder and then delete it (right or "Option" click the folder and select "Move to Trash").

Now, restart the installation.

Followed these instructions and the same error message has popped up?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaDdVVVNKaFlCZmY0NlpoZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9