CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Question to crossover developers about debugging GW2

How do you want us to set up the run command to GW2 for debugging purposes (which flags you want engaged). Also, when a problem occurs (even if it is in an old ticket do we stop at that point and exit off GW2 to end the cxlog at that point, or do we just keep going and provide you the log at the end of our session with notation of the bugs we saw?

Thanks.

Looking forward to trying GW2 tomorrow 😊

William Eggemeyer wrote:

How do you want us to set up the run command to GW2 for debugging
purposes (which flags you want engaged). Also, when a problem occurs
(even if it is in an old ticket do we stop at that point and exit
off GW2 to end the cxlog at that point, or do we just keep going and
provide you the log at the end of our session with notation of the
bugs we saw?

Thanks.

Looking forward to trying GW2 tomorrow 😊

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/submittechsupportlog

The best thing to do when a problem occurs is to completely log out and then restart GW2 with logging enabled because most of the logs we want will require a fairly large log file size. We need a screen shot (if it is graphical) and then a log with +relay,+seh,+tid and if it's graphical add +d3d,+wined3d,+d3d9 (notice the lack of spaces in the flags). When logging in to capture a log, only stay in to reproduce the bug and then log back out. Compress the log file and open a ticket to attach it (if it's too large for that, open a ticket and ask for a location to upload to and we'll provide that).

So far I have two cxlog files (1.8 GB and 2.5 GB) so where should I ftp them?

William Eggemeyer wrote:

So far I have two cxlog files (1.8 GB and 2.5 GB) so where should I
ftp them?

It looks like Caron would prefer to track them by having you open a ticket. Are you able to do that, or is that impossible for you? (We can find a way to get your logs if you can't open a ticket, but a ticket is the best way.)

I've opened several tickets (see below). I have cxlog files for some of them. Others I could not get the cxlog (the problem went away when I restarted with the debugging log going), but I have some images that might give hints. In snow, rain, or underwater I get these cloud objects that obscure most of the screen. Underwater, I see these spinning polygon shapes with green/blue textures.

I have cxlog files for the rain, green shading in distance, weird building surreal shading in distance and the clouds obscuring a lot of my view. I hope that these log files will help provide you good hints of what is going on. Just let me know where to send them.

The Tickets I opened are the following #s:

895073 - polygon mess up (images only)
895074 - image plus cxlog
897075 - image only
895104 - image plus cxlog
895105 - image plus cxlog

Performance-wise the game ran fine on my mac (even though it probably isn't optimized yet).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVFKWlRXTXJOdU1jck5iUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9