CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running a Program, No Installer

I just downloaded the trial and have a program that is just a windows exe and don't require an installer. How do I just launch that? When I treat it like an installation it pops up immediately but never finishes because there is nothing to finish.

I looked in the FAQ and did a few forum searches but didn't find anything. I'm sure Crossover can do it, I just don't know the terminology or proper way to get to it.

Yes indeed Crossover can do this:

1) Go to 'Programs' on the menubar and choose 'Run Command'
2) Choose your bottle, and direct the command to the exe file.
3) Click run- if it works, click 'Save Command to Programs Menu' to save it as an app.

Hope I helped,
Alex

(PS: out of curiosity what program is it?)

Alex,

Thanks for the info. I'll try that tonight when I get home. Seems simple enough.

It's a real-tim analysis audio program. There are plenty of them for the Mac platform but most of them come with a hefty price tag. I have using this one for years on Windoze platforms and find it simple and easy to use. I tried a few Mac RTA's but ultimately did some poking around and found Crossover. I think this is a great solution and glad I found it! Thanks again.

http://www.e.kth.se/~johk/jdft/

I've just downloaded it and tested it and it seems to work fine as far as I can tell- no need to install anything else.
Just running the command will do.

Alex

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidnFla3c5OEpZWXgya0M1VSIsImdkcHIiOjB9