CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Driver installation errors and "error parsing c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\config parser returned error 0x80004

Hi

I am trying to get two applications running in Crossover for Mac. One is DCA Pro (link) and the other is MCP2221 Utility (link). Initially I was trying the latter first and ran into difficulties because I was being asked to install .NET Framework v2 or latter and couldn't accomplish this. I then moved on to the former which had .NET v4 on the install disk. It progressed fine until it came to driver installation which failed. I went back to the latter and installed it into the DCA bottle which had .NET v4 installed into it. Again a driver installation error.

I see both programmes in Crossover and can launch each but I receive the error mentioned above in both instances.

The two utilities are meant to operate with attached USB devices.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Steve

A few ideas:

1) If you want to install .net, and have any chance of a proper install, you have to use the installation from the "Runtime Support Components". Unless your software has a crosstie, .net won't be installed automatically, but you should still install it from Crossover's interface. (more here: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-mac/install-windows )

2) USB: What I understand is that your stuff needs USB, hence the "driver" issue. The problem is, USB support is almost inexistent, and has been in said state for a long time. It's different with printers and joysticks because they go through the OS's system. Things like GPS, glucose monitors, or USB-to-UART/I2C serial converter, probably aren't going to work. You can try the following if you're up to it:http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/usbtoserial . Your mileage will definitely vary with luck (good or bad).

Hi

Thanks for the response. Bad first link?

Re USB sounds like I'm going to struggle. The MCP2221 utility is to program a USB-UART controller. The other interfaces with a USB device. Sounds like your second link is only for the brave.

Do you think Bootcamp or Parallels would work?

Thanks again

Steve

As for the first link, it's the damn ")" fault... remove that and it will work. :P

I'm a Linux user, but yeah, I'm pretty sure bootcamp will work, as you're dual-booting and running windows on bare metal.

Virtual machines will work too. I update my GPS with Virtualbox (it's free) all the time.

Either way, you will need a windows licence.

Thanks a lot

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVFNYVW10dUtmU0xuVEc1USIsImdkcHIiOjB9