CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam - Helldivers

Hello,

Installed Steam on CrossOver, installed Helldivers from Steam. Won't open the game. Only says it crashed and they are really sorry for it. I have all the information about the failure, but don't know what to do with it.

Anyone has any idea?

According to the game page on Steam, this title requires direct3d 10/11 to work. The current release of CrossOver only supports d3d 9.

Thank you! I was lost and now I have hope.

Is it likely that future versions could support direct3d 10/11?

We've been hoping for this for a long time. We had made significant progress this year when we discovered a blocking issue on macOS. While that issue is not present on Linux, we were forced to divert resources to fixing that in order to move forward, and that will take time. (Basically the version of OpenGL on macOS is insufficient for DX11 support and is no longer being updated, so we have to attempt to use the new macOS graphics API, Metal, as a backend).

So we are still working on this and hopeful for it, but unfortunately do not have a release date yet.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkFXQlNacmFXR0JzUTlzTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9