CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Program Closing Upon Running

Hello all,

I am currently having an issue running a program through version 16.1 on my Macbook Pro, running Yosemite (10.10.5.) I have the program installed through Crossover and everything but the moment I try running it, it will just show the icon like it's opening then just immediately close itself. I have tried reinstalling Crossover to see if it was bugged while installing but it's still having the same issue. I have also tried deleting just the bottle as well. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Taylor

The way I installed the application was by using the "unlisted application" option as well.

Hi Taylor,

Because you are installing an "unlisted application", chances are that you are missing one of more DLLs. As a first step you may want to use the "Run Command" item in your bottle to launch the program. Make sure you tick the "Create log file" option to enable logging. This will generate a (.cxlog) file when the program begins to execute. Open the file in a text editor and look towards the end of the file. Hopefully there will be some error messages that will give you a clue where the problem lies.

Cheers,
Ron.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY2ZuNGtTOXBQdGY1dVR4VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9