CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam - OpenGL Error

Hello fellas,

so first off, I am a total noob when it comes to crossover and wine, which is why I am asking for help in the forums. I googled my error message and found things one could maybe tweak around, but I just don't get along with any solution.. a lot of solutions are based on some console commands, but I don't even know how to open the console or what to type in there.

So back to my problem. I just downloaded crossover today because I wanted to play a steam game called "Dead Cells" (great game btw). I launched some other steam games i already bought to see they'd work, and they did. So i bought Dead Cells.. When i tried starting it, some error message came up that says: "The application was unable to create an OpenGL context for your X11 Windows system video card.Open GL 3.2+ is required, please update your driver." BTW, same thing happened when I tried that with wine/winebottler...

I am really desperate, since I tried solving this for a couple of hours now.. so I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out here :/ and please keep in mind, you would probably need to give me a step by step guide, which even a 7 yr old could understand.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any input.

KR,
Jannik

Not a gamer - Not a Mackie and you might even have read it.

But try searching the forum for steam

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/steam

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=193832;msg=193832#msg193832

You can try this tip

Run Command “regedit”

• Under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D add "MaxVersionGL" DWORD with value 30002 (or 40001 if card support OpenGL 4.1) to registry

But it probably won't work cause it's problem with Apple OpenGL implementation (still v4.1) and not Wine CrossOver bug even if the game is Windows OpenGL game.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmtORkNaN3dCQ3dYbTNOWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9