CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Stuttering audio on Mac

Hi

I use Crossover to run several Morse Code training programs designed for Windows on my Mac. Some of them ran well under Wine or Wineskin. I used the previous version of CrossOver for the trial and all seemed to work well. When I bought the paid version, I got the latest Ver 18.5. The sound can be best described as crackling with stuttering, which makes it useless for training. If I continue to try to use it, it will eventually clear up and start working and will continue to work properly until they are restarted. Note that the same programs seemed to run well under the last version of CrossOver and always run well under Wine or Wineskin.

Am I the only one with this problem? I see a similar issue submitted by another user, but it was blocked for some reason.

Hello Kenneth,

CrossOver 18.5 did include a few sound-related changes, such as introducing the FAudio library for XAudio2 support. While we believe these changes have improved audio support in most cases, it's always possible that we've introduced new bugs.

We'd be very happy to hear more about your issue, especially if sound for this application has worked well for you on past versions of CrossOver, and encourage you to submit a support ticket: https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us#support

Thanks,
Hana

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVkxnVzlVR0JUUnNxZzdCWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9