CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to: Install VC++ Redistributable 2013??

I'm trying to install PSoC Creator 4.2 in a new bottle, and I get to the VC++ 2013 requirement.

How do I satisfy that requirement? Do I install another program and then install PSoc Creator? The crossover webpage for this subject has a video of installing Quicken, so no help there.

Last year, PSoC Creator 3.3 installed and worked, but the graphics are terrible. I'm hoping the graphics are better now.

I do not expect any driver stuff to work, so my expectations are moderated. In addition, clicking on an HTML embedded link fails, so you have to use menus. That is understood.

When in crossover, click the 'Install a Windows Application' button at the bottom. Then in the search bar search 'C++' and scroll down the list that appears until you find the 2013 one. Be sure to choose the correct 64bit or 32bit version, depending on the bottle you chose to make. It will then ask you which bottle you want to install to, if you've already created a bottle for that software, and installed the software to it, just choose that bottle. Otherwise you choose one of the 'create new bottle' options and after your VC++ Redist 2013 is installed, you can install your software and try it.

Thank you, that worked!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZTJ4THNTeUp5Vzg5UUJ3WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9