CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I get "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required" but I thought CrossOver 20 had DX11?

Hi

I have a couple of games I want to run and I'm not sure what what I'm doing wrong. Here is what I've done so far:

1. Downloaded trial Crossover
  2. Instealled Steam using "Install a Windows Application" button
  3. Ran Steam and installed some games(this works fine)
  4. I've run into two different issues from the three games I tried.:
    4.1. Atlas Architect: Gives me a message "DX11 Feature Level 10.0 is required to run the engine". But according to this https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/jdko5f/crossover_20_is_released_dx11_games_are_now/ DX11 should be supported?
    4.2. Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition. I start it, I see a splash screen then it goes away and nothing happens. I did see a terminal window still running though which seems to be trying to run a "win64-preloader" it's hangs on [Process completed]
    4.3. Final Fantasy VII: This seems to run fine.

Atlas Architect is the main one I want to work. It was a kickstart I backed.

I did some googling and found some half-answers but nothing really useful. Any tips? Or is this a dead end for me?

Cheers
David

To enable dx11 on CrossOver Mac, right click on bottle and select Settings->DXVK Backend for D3D11.
It works only on 64-bit bottles.
Also installing "DirectX for Modern Games", .NET and C++ could help with some games.

To add to the above comment, DXVK support on macOS is limited to 64Bit only.

Thanks Everyone.

I did the following:

• Enabled dx11 on CrossOver Mac
  • Installed "DirectX for Modern Games" into my steam bottle (wasn't aware I could do this)

Things progressed, but the two games are still unplayable

• Atlas Architect loads up and I can see the menu items and they are clickable. But the main map area seems to be all black.
  • AoE2 loads up past the splash screen then gets a serious error.

I don't understand what "DXVK support on macOS is limited to 64Bit only." does that mean the window app needs to be 64bit?

Cheers
David

For AOE2 DE you can use this tutorial:
https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/k3ac4y/aoe2de_on_osx_using_crossover/

According to Steam, ATLAS Architect has hefty system requirements (Radeon 580 min.?) and needs DX12 which CrossOver Mac doesn't support.

David L wrote:

I don't understand what "DXVK support on macOS is limited to 64Bit
only." does that mean the window app needs to be 64bit?

Correct, you will only have DXVK support within 64Bit Windows games

Thanks for all your help. I've decided this is not going to be as easy as I thought it would be, especially if I have to tweak things every for every game. I've decided to bootcamp a partition on my Mac until I can afford a gaming pc.

Dean Greer wrote:

David L wrote:

I don't understand what "DXVK support on macOS is
limited to 64Bit only." does that mean the window app needs to be
64bit?

Correct, you will only have DXVK support within 64Bit Windows games

Also, the bottle which is running that application must be a 64-bit bottle. For example, if the bottle information states that it is Windows 10 64-bit, that is what you need. But if the bottle information states that it is Windows 10 (without the 64-bit qualifier), well, that's not going to work.

David L wrote:

Thanks for all your help. I've decided this is not going to be as
easy as I thought it would be, especially if I have to tweak things
every for every game. I've decided to bootcamp a partition on my Mac
until I can afford a gaming pc.

I am presently trying to run AoE2/3DE on Crossover on a 2020 Mac mini with external T3 R580...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicmJSOFhHVEpnS1BoTXd1VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9