CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Critical Point won't launch

I'm running Big Sur 11.1 with CrossOver 20.0.2 on an M1 Mac mini.
If I try to run the game Critical Point, all I get is an Initializing DirectDraw failed error.

Support said they lack the time and the capacity to help so directed me to here.
Any suggestions?

I decided to give installing openSUSE on an old PC I have laying about and it ran fine using Wine on there.

It’s a known issue, Direct Draw and Direct3D won’t function on the M1 systems you need to use a wrapper like cnc-ddraw or DxWnd to workaround the issue.

From what’s I’ve currently tested this seems to be related to the requested resolution. If you launch with logging enabled you’ll see macDriver complains about said resolution.

Thank you for the response Dean, I see. So at least it may be possible for an official fix in a later version of CrossOver.

Yep, this is the final line of the log before the game closes.
0025:err:display:macdrv_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 640x480x32 @0!

Also thank you for pointing out the wrappers that can be used as an immediate workaround.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM0hMOUFaQUx1UnR4MmRzOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9