CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Missing Windows Components Error

Hello.

I am attempting to run a program called eFile Express 2020. This is tax preparation software that paid preparers can use to eFile returns. It's Windows-only software, but I use a Mac.

Last year, I was able to use the 2019 version of this software with CrossOver 19 without issue. This year, I have since upgraded my Mac to Big Sur and have made the required upgrade to CrossOver 20.

eFile Express 2020 will install but will not run. 2019 will run without issue on CrossOver 20, but I can't use it since this software is updated each year to keep up with current tax laws.

The error I am receiving states: "eFile Express is unable to start because one or more Windows components are not installed on your PC."

I have tried installing this into a Kitchen Sink bottle to attempt to cover any missing component, but this has failed as well. I am at a loss as to what could be missing, especially since last year's version works fine.

I have looked at the file access log and didn't see any glaring errors. I know this is not going to be commonly used software, but I am curious if anyone has encountered a similar issue with other software.

Could you attach a log?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQzd5ZFVGNWtQZEZKeDJaWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9