CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam fonts not downloading

Hello,

I'm trying to install steam via crossover but the fonts are not downloading properly.

I've already tried with a new crossover installation but it's the same problem, it stops at between 42 and 44 kb for every font.

system: MacBook Pro M1 Chip Big Sur 11.0.1

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

https://ibb.co/0cs4HqS the screenshot

Hi there,

Try updating your OS. There were definitely lots of problems with 11.0.1 on m1 machines.

Best,
Meredith

Hi Meredith,

thanks for your fast reply. I updated now to Big Sur 11.2.1 but it's still not working.

Any other tips?

Ah, I found the problem. The internet provider im connected with blocks certain websites and servers, and probably also blocked wherever the fonts are downloaded from. Now I'm connected via the hotspot on my phone and it works. Thread can be closed/deleted. Thanks anyway.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ3N5eFJKOXVTWWhkYXZkYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9