CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Limiting FPS is not working correctly.

I am using CrossOver 21.2 and DXVK, no modded MoltenVK or DXVK.

I would like to limit multiple games to 30 FPS, however it is broken and doesn't cap it properly:
FPS limit of 30 FPS: games run at about 27 FPS
FPS limit of 60 FPS: games run at about 55 FPS.

This results in very inconsistent frame times, as multiple times a second, a frame will be skipped.

Since this issue happens in every game (and also modded DXVK versions that offer an FPS cap), I believe this is a CrossOver issue.
Is there a known way to get a proper 30 FPS cap?

I'm seeing similar behavior. I can't seem to get any FPS limit to work in Crossover 22 B2. Are you using the DXVK_FRAME_RATE variable?

Same suggestion as Andy, doing that worked well for me. May also be a problem since you're using a Beta version.

Hi all,

DXVK_FRAME_RATE is not supported in CrossOver. Your best bet is to rely on any game-specific FPS cap functionality.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVM0cEdzdkxaZWd5enBNTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9