CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Registering FL Studio 8?

Hi,
Making the switch from pc to mac, i have some programs that i have purchased last time that i would like to use on my mac. The thing is, for FL Studio 8, the registration key comes in the form of a *.reg file

I would like to use my registered version of FL Studio but i can't seem to install the *.reg file. When I tried doing so using RegEdit.exe (import reg key), FL 8 doesn't seem to start at all.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Iva

Try copying the .reg file into the bottle location that corresponds with the file's normal location on a windows machine. To browse into the bottle structure, go to

Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/[bottle name]/drive_c/

From drive_c on down, the folder structure will mirror the windows file system.

I'm having the same problem, and it's not about where the file is (at least I don't think so) - you are importing the reg code into the registry. What's strange is, when you install the basic software, it will run in the trial mode without problem. If you then exit the program, start the Task Manager, then Regedit, and import the reg file (which seems to work properly), then close those, and try to restart FL Studio, it seems to lock up somehow - the icon appears in the dock, but nothing else happens. Seems like it must be a very simple problem, whatever it is, since the trial version will work. Any ideas?

Really hope this gets sorted out soon. I will buy 3 copies of crossfire the day it happens and I know at least 6 or 7 other people who would too. I don't like having to run windows if I dont have to and now that my M-audio firewire solo isnt compatible with my Windows 7 install I can't do any production until I have a good solution. Parallels and Fusion aren't the answer for any of us. Please bump this as a higher priority. 😀

Bump, I have this problem too. Please help.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQnF4c2FwYnRoUkNUcUduQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9