CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 8.0 and Snow Leopard build 10a432

Hi CodeWeavers Team,

first of all, thanks for a great product and keep up the good work.

My issue is this: As ADC member, I got access to the latest Snow Leopard 10.6.0 (build 10a432) which is supposed to be the GM build.
CrossOver 8.0 does crash on 10a432 everytime, right at the double-click on the app icon.
This occurs 100% of the time, reproducable.
On 10.5.8 (build 9L30) it works like a charm.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention but most likely you already know this.

Kind regards,
Alex

Yes, please help on this as soon as possible/ Snow Leopard retail is about to ship. really need this to work.

crossover version 8.0.1 doesn't work either on snow leopard.

Codeweavers, Snow Leopard is shipping this week. Any eta on when we might expect at least a test version for Snow Leopard?

CrossOver 8 runs fine in Snow Leopard, BUT, You need to install Apple's X11 in Snow Leopard. You are given an option during the initial install for it. You can also add X11 by running the Optional Installs from the Snow Leopard disc.

Crossover 7.2.2 wont run under snow leopard x11 installed. 8.0 wont download, get a preview screen of code.

@vaillajo: It is known that no version of CrossOver prior to 8.x will run on Snow Leopard.

You will need to correct your download issue and get 8.0. You can try Option-clicking on the download link, or Control-clicking and selecting Save Link or Download Linked File. If neither of those work, you can try downloading a demo/trial copy of CrossOver 8 -- maybe that will work better -- and then you can register that copy using the same email address and password that you use to log into your account on our site.

just tried crossover mac games version 7.2.2 on snow leopard, and this one doesn't work either, even with x11 installed.
is there an update coming any soon?

edit: never mind, wrong forum... sorry for offtopic^^

When I downloaded Solaris and tried to install I get the following error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

I have also installed Snow Leopard Build 10a432 with the full version of COG 8 and it still won't run, even with the Apple X11 install.

Edit: I wish to make a correction: I had installed COG 7.2.2 in a non-standard location and the icon in my dock was linked to that. COG 8 works just fine.

I tried to download the last version I am entitled to (7.0) : it doesn't launch with snow leopard.
I understand that the advice is to upgrade to the next version : but as I only run Quicken 98, I don't need any upgrade but a fix.
My other way is to switch to another accounting package.
What should I do ?
(Apologies for the poor english of a frenchman)

I test installed OS X10.6 / build 10a432 and CrossOver Games 8.0 and it worked fine for me. I have not tested CrossOver Pro 8.0 yet.

Same here Michael. I have CXGames 8 and CXPro 8, both running on my Snow Leopard upgrade without any troubles.

Alain, you'll need CrossOver Games 8.0 for Snow Leopard. Apple decided to break compatibility to old Applications in Snow Leopard(I think the problem is that in some circumstances it loads a 64 bit library into a 32 bit app, which doesn't work). We worked around this problem in 8.0, but we do not plan to backport this to the 7.x cxgames series. CrossOver Games 8.0 also has a number of workarounds for graphic driver regressions - so even if the other issue didn't occur, cxgames 7.2 would run rather poorly on Snow Leopard.

Alain, you may also try sending an email to sales@codeweavers.com about this issue.

CrossOver 8.0 and 8.01 works NOW with Snow Leopard 10.6.1 after I installed X11. Cheers f'ers.

That is really crap support for those of us that paid good money for the last version. Think I will switch to parallels if I am going to waste any more money to get pc programs to work on my mac (or get an old PC working). The program only worked for a couple of applications and at that not very well. I am Not a satisfied customer, how about some support for the guys that pay your cheque every month (you know the customers?).

Ari Sundstrom wrote:

That is really crap support for those of us that paid good money for
the last version. Think I will switch to parallels if I am going to
waste any more money to get pc programs to work on my mac (or get an
old PC working). The program only worked for a couple of
applications and at that not very well. I am Not a satisfied
customer, how about some support for the guys that pay your cheque
every month (you know the customers?).

i would love to see YOUR site, that has as many customers and questions as codeweaver's site. it's not our fault we can't answer every single question, but hey we try, and for 1, don't you always read before you buy a product, thats why they invented trials, also how do you expect the Codeweaver's team to get EVERY program you want to run good? you don't.
they go for the bigger products and the bigger games, so they don't lose money rather than actually gain it.

I think Ari's note is a little deceptive; I don't think he's mad about our responsiveness, which is how most folks think of support.
I believe he's upset because he purchased CrossOver in 2007, and now he's upgraded to Snow Leopard, and CrossOver no longer works.
And he's frustrated that it wasn't working well for his programs.

Ari, please note that this is not an official or best support location. Your best bet to get some joy
is to write in to sales@codeweavers.com and explain your issues and ask for help. In other words,
give us a chance to help you. If that doesn't work out, then you can get mad 😊.

Cheers,

Jeremy

p.s. If you bought Parallels 3.0 in 2007, that version doesn't run on Snow Leopard either.
I'm afraid Apple really caused a world of hurt for a lot of software makers...

Codeweavers,

I have spent over four hours trying to get Codeweavers 8 to work with Snow Leopard. Nothing has worked. This is soooo frustrating. I get "Error: 339" It is missing "CPWCTL32.OCX".

I installed 11X and it is still not working.

Please, help.

Keith

If you're getting that error, then CrossOver itself is working. It's just, apparently, that the Windows software you're trying to use isn't working.

That's not a Snow Leopard issue, I don't think. It's a garden-variety question of CrossOver's compatibility with a given piece of Windows software. If you haven't already, you should try to find the Windows app in our Compatibility Center.

1 to 21 of 21

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMkJIQTRMeVlmY3F5QXJ2eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9