CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover USB Support question

hello, im trying to get some diagnostic software for my car installed on my mac. this software is right now pc only, i got it installed, and it runs perfect, just the only thing now is that i cant seem to get my usb obd2 cable to work. i tried installing windows drivers into the bottle, that didnt work, tried many things, looked in every option every menu couldnt find anything

so i stumbled upon this help page in the support
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/USBtoSerial

now not only is it wrong since its
cd ~/Library/"Application Support"/"CrossOver Games"/Bottles/<bottle name>/dosdevices

not
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/CrossOver/Bottles/your-bottle-name-here/dosdevices

okay other than that

i tried to get that to work i did the ln -s <device name> com1

re ran the software clicked com1 as the interface port in the software and it is still saying interface not found. port does not exsist.

now im curious if what i typed for the device name was correct in the system profiler i clicked usb and copied the name of the device

it shows up as Ross-Tech KII-USB so i typed ln -s "Ross-Tech KII-USB" com1 the com1 file was created but it still doesnt work. now what exactly needs to get typed in to the device name spot. how would i get the device name? did i type the correct name?
any help would be appreciated. dual booting with vmware, bootcamp, or anything else is out of the question, i want to be able to use this software without having to boot up into an os i will only use for 1 program. waste of space IMO

I have had similar USB issues with Home Automation Software and the MacAllay USB-Serial converter.
Serial device access is a non-trivial issue under OSX if you are NOT using Apple's IOKit and attempting to use the POSIX
interface (/dev) directly.

Try "ls -1 /dev/tty.*" to get a list of "likely suspects." With luck, the device name will be something like...

/dev/tty.Ross-Tech

BTW... the Codeweavers' instructions were written for CrossOver "pro" not CrossOver Games, so, in fact the original name is correct, AND so is the one you supplied.

If you happen to have both installed, as I do, then you will see both existing.

William H. Magill wrote:

BTW... the Codeweavers' instructions were written for CrossOver
"pro" not CrossOver Games, so, in fact the original name is correct,
AND so is the one you supplied.

If you happen to have both installed, as I do, then you will see
both existing.

ah ha, learn something new every day. that i did not know.

okay so i did that command all that really showed up was my blackberry and a bluetooth modem

this cable im using is just a standard USB to OBD2. it doesnt really have much onboard software that could make it show up. i tried pluging the cable into my car and in my laptop then doing the command again just so the cable has some kind of power going to it. still no luck. is it possible for me to just add the device to com 1 as a wildcard just by doing ln -s /dev/tty.* com1?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWdIU0FRZnlMNEp6aGtKTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9