CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover and Quicken on MacMini

My MacMini runs OS 10.5.8 and I'm in need of running Quicken 2009 for PC - nothing else for PCs, just Quicken. CrossOver sounds like it will fill the bill and be easier and less expensive than Parallels but does can anyone verify that it works for them? I would love to hear from you if you have had experience either positive or negative doing this. Thanks.

See this search: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search?name=quicken&search=app

Quicken 2009 is also a supported appy by Codeweavers meaning if you have problems, they can assist.

You can also download the trial version and try it yourself.

Finally, if you have any problems during your trial you can post here or in the Quicken forum and someone can probably assist.

That said...I've run Quicken before under Crossover without any problems :).

I had seen the info you referenced but I'm actually hoping to run Quicken Deluxe 2009 - I failed to mention the deluxe and don't see it in the list referenced above. It will certainly be cheaper and easier than other option so will probably give it a try. It's nice knowing there is support from Codeweavers. Thanks for your thoughts.

I believe that all of the Quicken 2009 versions are very similar. The Quicken 2009 that they show as silver is the Premier version.

I usually run Quicken Home and Business. I would think if one flavor of Quicken 2009 works, the others will as well.

I run 2009 Home and Business on a Mac (10.6) under Crossover every few days without issue. There are a few small quirks (such as it grabs app-focus when it is doing auto-updates from your institutions), but they are very minor. I used to use Parallels, but it is overkill for needing just Quicken. Crossover should fit the bill.

I also agree with the previous post regarding the versions being similar, I can't remember what version I was previously using (I think Premier), but before I used Home and Business I used one of the other versions and it also worked fine.

Thanks for the info - makes me feel like it should work for me.

Are you experiencing any other issues with Q2009. I am having increasing issues the more I use Q2009.

Thanks!!

Note that I'm running a beta at the moment so my feedback may not be 100%. Occasionally I'll get crashes when using the budget tool, investment management and a few of the others. I've also had a few general lock-ups, which I was not experiencing a few months back. It's still usable, but it's not as clean as it once was.

This discussion should probably be relocated to the Quicken compatibility forum:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4775;forum=1

-Alan

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickt2ZEdNZUp0VHRHSlR0eCIsImdkcHIiOjB9