CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver quits when an application is quit

Don't know if this is a well-known problem, but it's happening for me and I don't see any topics on this.

I have used CrossOver Mac from version 6 something, and it runs well for the most part, both in 10.5 and 10.6 when I upgrade my iMac to Snow Leopard. But recently there is a problem I never had before.

Every time I launch a Windows application via CrossOver, use it, and then quit it, CrossOver itself quits. I see the quitting window, watch all bottles quit, and CrossOver quits completely. I can relaunch CrossOver without a problem, run those Windows apps without a problem, but when I quit any one of the Windows apps, CrossOvers quits.

I experimented a little by having multiple Windows apps running at the same time, in different bottles (I tried combinations of Word 2007 and other MS Office 2007 apps, IE6, and SopCast), and found that CrossOver quits when one app quits, even when there are other Windows apps running, and even when there are other apps running in the same bottle with the quitted app.

Is this "normal" (experienced by many people)? And is there a reason behind it? Is there a possible solve? I would very much wish to know. Thanks.

I'm running CrossOver Mac Version 8.0.3 (8.0.3) in Mac OS X 10.6.2 with all the latest updates on an iMac7,1

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV21QcWRQc3BWZGVOV3lzdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9