CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

audio and video not working on onenote 2007

I installed onenote 2007 however when I attempt to insert audio or video I get an error:

At least Microsoft direct 8.1 and windows media player are required to record sound.

How can I get this to work?

rhershkowitz@gmail.com wrote:

I installed onenote 2007 however when I attempt to insert audio or
video I get an error:

At least Microsoft direct 8.1 and windows media player are required
to record sound.

How can I get this to work?

Hi,

Try installing the following into the same bottle;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=472

If by "Microsoft direct 8.1" you meant Microsoft DirectX 8.1, then
you will also ned to install the directx runtime package into the
same bottle -- oth these are available as installation targets in
cxistallwizard.

Cheers!

I installed directx ok however installing wm 9 failed. Here is the tail of the log
trace:cxassocscan:do_vrb verb=L"edit"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"xmlfile\shell\edit"->(null) (2)
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"xmlfile\shell\edit"->L"FriendlyAppName" (2)
trace:cxassocscan:extract_command_name command=L"\"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLED.EXE\" /verb edit \"%1\""
trace:cxassocscan:extract_exe_name trying L"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLED.EXE"
trace:cxassocscan:extract_file_name trying VerQueryValueW(\StringFileInfo\000004e4\FileDescription)
trace:cxassocscan:do_vrb app_name=L"XML Editor"
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext L".xsl"
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext mimetype=L"text/xml"
trace:cxassocscan:do_ext default_app=L"xslfile"
trace:cxassocscan:do_app app=L"xslfile"
trace:cxassocscan:decode_xsz_resource (L"@C:\windows\system32\msxml3r.dll,-2")
trace:cxassocscan:do_app description=L"XSL Stylesheet"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"xslfile"->L"InfoTip" (2)
trace:cxassocscan:do_app infotip=(null)
trace:cxassocscan:extract_default_icon keyname=L"xslfile\DefaultIcon"
trace:cxassocscan:decode_xsz_resource (L"C:\windows\system32\msxml3.dll,1")
trace:cxassocscan:do_app icon=c1d082b4_msxml3.1.ico
trace:cxassocscan:do_app default_verb=L"open"
trace:cxassocscan:do_vrb verb=L"open"
trace:cxassocscan:get_value unable to get the size of L"xslfile\shell\open"->L"FriendlyAppName" (2)
trace:cxassocscan:extract_command_name command=L"\"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe\" -nohome"
trace:cxassocscan:extract_exe_name trying L"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
trace:cxassocscan:extract_file_name trying VerQueryValueW(\StringFileInfo\040904e4\FileDescription)
trace:cxassocscan:do_vrb app_name=L"Wine core exe"

I am installing into a bottle called winxp. When I install WMP it goes through the installation, brings up WMP and just sits there. When I forced complete after about 10 minutes i fails.

Hi,

Going by that last log, looks like it needs a bit more than just directx and wmp...

Umm...it' a bit hard to advise without the actual software, but my best guess of
what to try would be...

delete the bottle you've been working with so far
create a new bottle (1)
install directx runtime into this new bottle
install IE6 into this new bottle (2)
install wmp9 into the same bottle (2)
install onenote2007 and see what happens (3)

(1)-- I would try both winxp & win2000 bottles

(2)-- Either of these might fail installation the first try, if this happens
immediately retry the installation and it should complete ok the 2nd time

(3)-- installing these things first will pull in other runtime dependencies
I think it might be looking for - it might require other things yet, but this
approach should help narrow down the field..

Btw, this discussion should move to - http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2865;forum=1

Have you read any of the posts there? id you install onenote using the 'Microsoft
Office 2007' option in cxinstallwizard?

Let me know how you get on ;)

Cheers!

Okay, Here are results

1. OneNote 2007 cannot be installed in a Win2000 bottle because it only runs on XP
  2. Tried installing directx first was successful, however WM 9 does not run on XP.
  3. Had trouble installing WM 10 because it wasn't able to validate the Windows license.
  4. Still not sure why OneNote which is an XP app is asking for WM 9 and directx 8.1 which are old versions. I suspect your XP bottle is quite old without any of the latest SP on it.

I would love to use this product, but unfortunately without audio and video it is quite limited.

Hi,

Hmm...I suspected as much (a fight between versioning), and you're right,
it is a bit daft it would ask for such older versions of runtime supports
(although that's probably a manifestation of 'minimum requirements' as opposed
to what it actually needs to work)...hmmm....I'll have another look at this lot
a little later and see if there's any 'sane' way around it....

I think the winXP bottle identifies itself as XP SP2 btw...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOXRHOXhDQnRhNDJhQnlZdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9