CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to hide /get rid of crossover menu bar? pre-sales enquiry!

Hi

I have bought Crossover games for mac. Delighted with it.

However I haven't YET bought Crossover. I've run the demo, but cant seem to find a way to hide the apple menu at the top of the screen.

Virtualbox hides it nicely, in a similar fashion to 'apple remote desktop', but crossover doesn't seem to. Word 97 seems a little squashed and that menu, and font smoothing makes it look a little odd. I've tried searching but not found as many pointers as I'd hoped. I've edited the wine config for my max screen res (via manage bottles/control panel) to no avail.

Help! Please tell me how to do this and I'll buy immediately! :)

thanks in advance,

Iain

(2009 macbook pro 13", snow leopard)

CrossOver is not quite the same as a virtual machine (VM) product. It doesn't attempt to replicate the experience of running the Windows OS. Instead, it tries to run Windows programs in the Mac environment. So, most Windows programs don't run full-screen.

CrossOver only hides the Mac menu bar (and the Dock) when a Windows program switches to a different screen resolution. This is something that only games typically do.

So, unfortunately, CrossOver does not do quite what you're looking for. However, that should not be causing Word 97 to look squashed. Word 97 is using a somewhat smaller window, but it's doing that the appropriate way. That is, CrossOver is not taking Word 97 and squashing it to fit on screen. Word 97 is being told how big the screen is and is sizing its own window to fit, and it's just drawing less.

You can open a pre-sales ticket if you want to see if the appearance issues you're experiencing can be addressed.

thank you. I shall do that.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTHVMTEo0dWJUZFZTZnpmQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9