CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

encountering problems shutting down

I am encountering problems shutting down Crossover Pro 9.0. I am using a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard.

What kind of problems? ie, I'm on 10.6.2 on a MacBook Pro and MacPro and Crossover Pro 9.0 and haven't seen any shutdown problems? Is it happening after a specific program is used?

Not particular to any program — the quit hangs up when its gets to shutting down individual bottles, and even Force Shutdown within Crossover fails to close the program. I have to use the Finder's Force Quit to close it.

I've got a ticket open where in Crossover Games sometimes if the bottles are stuck in initializing, I have to force quit my way out out it. Are your bottles stuck in initializing by any chance when this happens?

Yes — this appears to be the same problem.

Here's my ticket. You can email info@codeweavers.com and tell them you're seeing the same thing.

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=773084;layout=user_tickets;sort[status]=ASC

abeta, your ticket is due to misbehavior in a part of CrossOver (Games) which has been completely removed and replaced in 9.0. So, I don't expect it will still happen in the 9.0 generation of products. If something like it does happen, it will have a completely different root cause.

gregoryk, you can and should open a support ticket for what you're seeing, as suggested. On first run of a new version of CrossOver, your bottles will be upgraded during initialization. This will take a long time and may not be interruptible with Force Shutdown. Were your bottles performing their first initialization? Did you give them a few minutes to complete the upgrade?

Ah ok, my mistake. I wasn't sure it was completely resolved in 9.0.

Thx!

Ken, it was not the first running of Crossover. It has happened almost every time I run Crossover on my MacBook. Interestingly, it does not happen on my new iMac.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidEhnWktHdHJ6UnBMWVdlUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9