CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Do i install only Crossover Mac Pro or...

i install Crossover Games near itself ?

Because i paid 64 €, only version download for Mac Professional Version is necessary for use for the Games ?

Or i install also Crossover Games ?

Because i downloaded both and installed both

I have maybe made an error since i wont paid more at the moment ;)

Do Crossover Mac Professional makes games to be functional ?

Or i must install also Crossover Games Mac ?

In brief since i paid the download version of Crossover Mac Professional 9.0, do i need necessarily both ?

Thanks for your answer ;)

If you bought Pro, you're entitled to Games. Games has tweaks to run some games better so you can install it as well.

Some games will run better and have fixes for them than if you're running Pro, you should consider running both.

You can try to install games under Crossover Pro and if you're happy with the performance you don't need games then. If you're unhappy with the performance, try games.

Do you have a list of games you had in mind if so, check the Games installer to see if there's a specific installer for it. If there is, I'd bet there's some fixes or optimization for that specific game. Possibly other games will inherit those fixes and optimization too.

Correct. To clarify: CrossOver (Pro or Standard) and CrossOver Games are two separate products.

In general, general purpose programs are more likely to work well with CrossOver Pro/Standard and games are more likely to work well with CrossOver Games.

However, any given program might work with either, and sometimes it works the opposite of what you might expect: some games might work better with CrossOver Pro, and some productivity apps might work better with CrossOver Games.

abeta wrote:

If you bought Pro, you're entitled to Games. Games has tweaks to run
some games better so you can install it as well.

Some games will run better and have fixes for them then if you're
running games, you should consider running both.

You can try to install games under Crossover Pro and if you're happy
with the performance you don't need games then. If you're unhappy
with the performance, try games.

Do you have a list of games you had in mind if so, check the Games
installer to see if there's a specific installer for it. If there
is, I'd bet there's some fixes or optimization for that specific
game. Possibly other games will inherit those fixes and optimization
too.

Ah ! Many thanks for this answer :)

So i can redownload Crossover Games... At not supplementary cost... Thanks...

The windows games in my mind are :

1) Sins of a Solar Empire : Gold Edition (to be released in 19th March in uk) because Base Game + its two add-ons... (heavy 3D)

2) Moon Tycoon (light 3D)

3) Freight Tycoon Inc (light 3D)

4) Railroad Tycoon II : Platinum for 7 (very light 3D)

5) Civilization 5 : because wait its Mac Version is so frustrating...
I'm fond of Civ since 1995 😉

I'm pretty sure that 2) 3) 4) would run perfectly in Professional version of Mac Crossover 9
I'm not sure for 1) but its Sins of a Solar Empire
I would give a try with Civ V

But, if you want, i would like to help if its not too much time consuming... But i have not knowledge in programming, but if i could report bugs and glitches and crashes and give my points of view, and giving a medal, why not ?

Because Mac is very nice but variety of games is not so elevated...

I have an X Box 360 but in my mind this console game is going to boring me, i always favored computers since 1994, since in computers, games have more deep gameplay...

My preferences goes to "intelligent games"...

😉

Ken Thomases wrote:

Correct. To clarify: CrossOver (Pro or Standard) and CrossOver
Games are two separate products.

In general, general purpose programs are more likely to work well
with CrossOver Pro/Standard and games are more likely to work well
with CrossOver Games.

However, any given program might work with either, and sometimes it
works the opposite of what you might expect: some games might work
better with CrossOver Pro, and some productivity apps might work
better with CrossOver Games.

A question : have Crossover Pro and Crossover Games share the same runtimes...

But if i understand : light 3D games should run on Pro while the heavy 3D games are favored by Games, ok i will redownload Games version

If you're on a MAC, they're separate "containers" or apps so they'll show up as different processes.

MANDELLI wrote:

1) Sins of a Solar Empire : Gold Edition (to be released in 19th
March in uk) because Base Game + its two add-ons... (heavy 3D)

2) Moon Tycoon (light 3D)

3) Freight Tycoon Inc (light 3D)

4) Railroad Tycoon II : Platinum for 7 (very light 3D)

5) Civilization 5 : because wait its Mac Version is so
frustrating...
I'm fond of Civ since 1995 😉

I'm pretty sure that 2) 3) 4) would run perfectly in Professional
version of Mac Crossover 9
I'm not sure for 1) but its Sins of a Solar Empire
I would give a try with Civ V

But, if you want, i would like to help if its not too much time
consuming... But i have not knowledge in programming, but if i could
report bugs and glitches and crashes and give my points of view, and
giving a medal, why not ?

Because Mac is very nice but variety of games is not so elevated...

I have an X Box 360 but in my mind this console game is going to
boring me, i always favored computers since 1994, since in
computers, games have more deep gameplay...

My preferences goes to "intelligent games"...

😉

Snipped some text. All of those games are unsupported I believe so if they do benefit from games optimization it will be because they were inherited from other games. That said, I believe you're correct that the first few games will run fine under Crossover Pro. Sins could be interesting under Crossover Pro.

That said, I run both on my system simply because it doesn't chew up any real space. Its like 120MB for Games which is a small price to pay. It also simplifies things if I can't get Games or Apps to work if I put it in the expected program. ie, If you run Sins on Crossover and post in the forum you have a problem...someone will probably ask if you can try it under Games anyway :).

Civ 5 is out?!?! Well crap...gotta go look for it now :).

Finally, I'd say please do rate the games per your findings and post in the forums. It can only help the product get better.

Civ 5 is not relaesed but soon in 1-3 months ;)

MANDELLI wrote:

Civ 5 is not relaesed but soon in 1-3 months ;)

Teasing people like that ain't right 😇

abeta wrote:

MANDELLI wrote:

Civ 5 is not relaesed but soon in 1-3 months
;)

Teasing people like that ain't right 😇

1) Sorry ;) But i'm not in the Civ 5 team, nor beta-testers, i said only that i knew as simple Civ Fan...

I think that Mac Version of Civ 5 will take a too long time...

So, i hope that Civ 5 will functions well with Crossover...

2) A new question : how many installations of Crossover Mac or Crossover can i have ?
Because in the hypothesis on a second Mac, can i install in parallel to first Mac ?
Without repaid ?

Thanks by advance, honestly...

Same here as a Civ fan. I'm still convinced the game is cheating me :).

As far as installations goes, there's no technical reason you can't do that since it'll ask you to register and you would just put in your registered email and it'll unlock for you.

There's nothing technically to prevent you from putting it on 2 diferent machines. Should you be buying 2 separate licenses? Some companies allow as many PCs as you want as long as you only use 1 at a time, others don't.

As far as how its actually licensed you should probably send an email to info@codeweavers.com and ask them.

MANDELLI wrote:

2) A new question : how many installations of Crossover Mac or
Crossover can i have ?
Because in the hypothesis on a second Mac, can i install in parallel
to first Mac ?
Without repaid ?

You may install CrossOver on as many computers as you like, so long as only one copy is in use at a time. If you want to run multiple copies at the same time, you should purchase additional licenses -- as many licenses as simultaneously running copies.

1 to 12 of 12

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmZhOGhmSFBMOEh1YUI0cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9