CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

If test on Linux will it run on a Mac

Hello

I would like to see if an application developed in Windev will run on a Mac, but I don't have a Mac to try it on. However I do have a Linux computer, so if my app works on the Linux computer does that mean it will work in a MAc ?

Regards
Al

Hi,

Typically speaking yes, but if it's graphics intensive in any way
and/or uses some routine the Mac port/MacOSX doesn't readily support,
then the answer would be no -- that said, there's a lot of Mac users
here that I think would help you out and give it a whirl on their
setup :) Also, if you emailed info@codeweavers.com with this, they
may help you out and try it on one of there inhouse Mac units - it
never hurts to ask, as the saying goes ;)

Cheers!

Hello Don

Thanks for the quick answer.
That's all I need to know at this stage, essentially that I won't be going down the wrong path by trying it on a linux box.
Windev is a little like Foxpro, a database closely coupled to a command processor. The app I want to test is a standard business app using the inbuilt Windev database and there are no graphics, apart from icons on buttons and the display of jpg files by linking to a file.

Sorry I forgot to put a subject in the original post.

Regards
Al

Hi again,

No worries with the subject string...milk spills ...

I just did a quick sortie for you...Windev itself, has an untested status in
the C4 pages here...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4844

Over at the WineHQ AppDB pages though, an old report has it working well;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10134

Foxpro certainly works in crossover (again an old reference);

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1745

That sort of looks promising overall I think...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidVpFYUZKYlN0YjRFYzhTZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9