CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Five Button Mouse support?

I've been trying to get my Steam games to recognize all five buttons on my Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical. The fourth and fifth button register as MWHEELUP AND MWHEELDOWN, which limits my choices. I installed the Intellipoint 5.0 software and it appears correctly in the Applications window, but when I try to activate the Microsoft Mouse software under Programs, it appears in the dock for a few seconds and then disappears. Is there any way to get my bottle to recognize all five buttons on my mouse?

iMac, 24-inch
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1.0TB Serial ATA Drive
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) and User's Guide
Microsoft five button IntelliMouse Optical

Clark Richardson wrote:

I've been trying to get my Steam games to recognize all five buttons
on my Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical. The fourth and fifth button
register as MWHEELUP AND MWHEELDOWN, which limits my choices. I
installed the Intellipoint 5.0 software and it appears correctly in
the Applications window, but when I try to activate the Microsoft
Mouse software under Programs, it appears in the dock for a few
seconds and then disappears. Is there any way to get my bottle to
recognize all five buttons on my mouse?

iMac, 24-inch
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1.0TB Serial ATA Drive
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) and User's Guide
Microsoft five button IntelliMouse Optical

More than likely Intellipoint will not work, but there are third party applications out there that may such as ControllerMate:

http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkZZM3dhQmN1RVlCN3NGWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9