CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Method '~' of object '~' failed question

Hi all,

I'm attempting to get an app run at my work on crossover pro mac.

This app was custom written for our institution, and although I can run it in a VM, I'd much rather run it without launching a VM.

It's written in Visual Basic and connects to a MSSQL server.

I have installed in the bottle:
The software
IE6
msls31
MFC libraries for ActiveX
Win Installer 2.0 redistributable
mdac 2.6 (originally required by the software)
mdac 2.8

The program is a rather poorly written piece of software IMHO, it's designed to be a client base program that points to a package on the server. The local client portion works fine, and I can assign where it can find its main menu program and the sql server.

When I go to launch the main menu program (all of the sub apps are VB) I get:

Method '~' of object '~' failed

which is about as vague of an error as possible.

I also tried copying the entire software pack from the server to my computer in the bottle (I know that this would work on a windows machine, as we have some offsite locations that we have to copy the program itself to due to their speed internet connections and just allow them to access the sql server thru their connection rather then launching the program from the server and doing the sql over their connection) and I get the same error.

It appears to be a VB library error, but I am not sure how to resolve it. Any tips would be most appreciated!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVm15NEZucUJ2Tlo3SGVrRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9