CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Internet Explorer 7 Problem with Authentication

Just upgraded to version 8 for mac. I installed IE7. There is a web site that I visit daily. When the site is first loaded, the browser's expected behavior is to open a typical windows authentication popup that prompts for a domain username/password.

However, IE7 under crossover 8 is not doing that, it is directly displaying a "401 Unauthorized" error, bypassing the authentication prompt.

• I have turned off popup blocking and re-started. Didn't help.
  • IE7 on a real windows machine works as expected.
  • IE6 under crossover 7 worked as expected. I haven't tried installing IE6 under crossover 8 since the main reason I upgraded was to use IE7.

Please advise.

This is a known issue. The https authentication work in IE7 with Crossover 8 is incomplete. In our initial product testing we tested IE7 with the authenticated sites that we had access to, but there is a wide world of secure IE-only sites out there that handle authentication in different ways which were not covered in our in-house or beta testing.

Our developers are currently working very hard to get IE7 up to speed for Crossover 9. We'll also be pushing out an 8.02 release which will contain IE6 fixes and one or two for IE7 that are ready to ship (meaning that, in all probability, the specific bug you're seeing in IE7 won't be fixed in 8.02, but likely in 9).

In the meantime we advise our users to stick with IE6 for the greatest functionality. We're terribly sorry for any inconvenience this causes you.

Jack Phinney wrote:

This is a known issue. The https authentication work in IE7 with
Crossover 8 is incomplete. In our initial product testing we tested
IE7 with the authenticated sites that we had access to, but there is
a wide world of secure IE-only sites out there that handle
authentication in different ways which were not covered in our
in-house or beta testing.

Our developers are currently working very hard to get IE7 up to
speed for Crossover 9. We'll also be pushing out an 8.02 release
which will contain IE6 fixes and one or two for IE7 that are ready
to ship (meaning that, in all probability, the specific bug you're
seeing in IE7 won't be fixed in 8.02, but likely in 9).

In the meantime we advise our users to stick with IE6 for the
greatest functionality. We're terribly sorry for any inconvenience
this causes you.

I've se same problem and the site I'm trying to log in to demands IE7.

Do you know when this will be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Pär Lundqvist wrote:

I've se same problem and the site I'm trying to log in to demands
IE7.

Do you know when this will be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

We have made vast improvements, but are not yet ready for a release. If you create a support ticket or write in to info@codeweavers.com, we would be happy to get you on a build with some of the fixes.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN2JCeFYzS0xzOVl2U2N4cyIsImdkcHIiOjB9