CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Games or Pro?

Is there any reason to use Crossover Games instead of Pro (on Mac) or its the same? (i'm talking about installing mostly games)

If so, is there any way to migrate bottles from Pro to Games?

Thanks!

Crossover Games has quite a few patches and hacks specific to a number of supported, graphically intensive games. You will experience worse performance for many games in Pro. Likewise, CX Games will handle MS Office, Quicken, and the like noticeably worse than CX games.

I recommend using CX Games for games, and CX Pro for non-gaming applications. Each installs and uses its own bottles, and you'll want to leave it that way for optimal performance.

I have a follow up question. I purchased Crossover Pro 8 for mac and when it took me to the "my downloads" page I downloaded both the Professional version and Crossover Games for mac. When I opened and installed the Crossover Pro it seemed normal but when I installed crossover games it said it is a demo and only good for 7 days. The Professional version however said that crossover games was included. How do I get the non-demo version of crossover games?

David Kenny wrote:

I have a follow up question. I purchased Crossover Pro 8 for mac and
when it took me to the "my downloads" page I downloaded both the
Professional version and Crossover Games for mac. When I opened and
installed the Crossover Pro it seemed normal but when I installed
crossover games it said it is a demo and only good for 7 days. The
Professional version however said that crossover games was included.
How do I get the non-demo version of crossover games?

Just use the register button and enter in your email address that you purchased Pro with and it'll register it.

If you have a serial number and need to register your email address you can go here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/store/register/

CX Games is always downloaded in demo form, even from a user's "My Downloads" section. Pro users should be able to register any demo of CX Games, as abeta notes above.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1RiQ1FRd2ZxQ1Z5NXFadiIsImdkcHIiOjB9