CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

White Screen Freeze

Ok so i got steam on the cross over and when i open a halflife 2 demo it loads te=hen goes int full screen...i hear perfectly but alli see is a big white screen!!!

i tried to make it non full screen adn it just freezes......

And in the steam window i can scroll or the program gets ll wacked out....

some help plz....

What system(Mac/Linux) do you use, what graphics card and driver version do you have?

im on a mac osx.. 2GHz intel core 2 duo

Memory 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

and this s]is my graphic card info

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0866
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3381
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

For testing, try to add "-dxlevel 81 -novid -console -window" to the HL2 demo launch options. Click on the game in steam, then press the properties button.

Once this works, try -dxlevel 90 instead of -dxlevel 81, start the game once, then remove -dxlevel and -window altogether. Otherwise the game will reset the settings each start. Keep the -novid -console though.

ok thx :D but..

whne i start to intstall something it tells me the installer has been eited? or it encouinterd a prblem or w/e plz help

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid25yUnVMVlVwbmdIa2MzNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9