CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Games on Snow Leopard Performance Issues?

I have two Mac on which I was using COG 8.0.0 on 10.5.8. I upgraded both of the machines to Snow Leopard and now Steam/TF2 running under COG 8.0.0 is so choppy as to be unplayable.

Has anyone else notices COG performance issues on Snow Leopard? Is the issue relating to MacOSForge not having an X version 2.4 for Snow Leopard yet?

To use a comparison, TF2 is much more playable under Parallels Desktop than it is under COG.

It seems to be a common issue that's growing with every upgrade to 10.6. There are a lot of us in the same boat waiting for a fix! I'm on a older MBP with a x1600 and mine us unplayable now! The graphics lag us so bad the mouse movement is extremely laggy or rather jumps around.

There is a graphics problem (at least one) with Snow Leopard 10.6 -- Apple has "fixed" part of it under 10.6.1.

See my post under "Snow Leopard OpenGL"

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWnEyTmJ3ZFRTZTdlMlNhWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9