CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Restrict that crossover can run

Hi,

I am trying to move my parents over to a mac from a Windows box. There is one application that my mom can not live without and it works fine in crossover. What I would like to do though is prevent crossover from running anything else but this one application. If a .exe happens to be clicked on, I would like it to do nothing (or the default OSX action to a .exe)

No matter how much a try to educate my parents about reading what they are clicking on, they always go back to just clicking next on things. I want to prevent them from "installing" a bunch of crap within crossover.

Figures! Two minutes after I post this, I find the Manage bottles options...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYTNwWnI0VmtMcVd4ZDRtQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9