CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Undesired Mac OS Menu bar in full screen

Hey. Been using Steam and TF2 on Crossover Mac pleasantly for a while now. Ran fullscreen just perfectly until I just recently created a new bottle and installed "Live for Speed". When running that I noticed that the game didn't run full screen but instead, full screen with menu bar. Didn't really bother me too much. I dealt with it. Anyway, this morning I launched TF2 again and noticed the menu bar is suddenly present in that game as well. I have TF2 set to the native full screen resolution of 1280x800 as usual. Anyone have any ideas what happened?

Try to change the resolution to something else, and than back to 1280x800. Maybe the game runs at a different resolution without telling you.

Also note the difference between 1280x800 and 1280x789. The first one is the real fullscreen res. The other one is the windowed-mode resolution that shows menu bar and dock.

Thanks for your help. I relaunched TF2 again this afternoon and everything was fine. I didn't even change anything. I think relaunching crossover fixed it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUEt1WVlwbVpGUzRraGtNdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9