CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Mac and Microsoft Money 2005

Dear sirs

I have recently became a Mac user, and previously used Microsoft Money 2005 (UK edition) in Windows to manage my personal finances. To be able to keep using it I have installed a Boot Camp partition with Windows XP, which makes me to boot periodically the Windows OS just to update my transactions...

Reading through the online documentation, FAQs and forums, I couldn't find any information regarding this application, so I kindly ask if I should have a try with CrossOver Mac and have MS Money working with it, or if this is a no-done deal. The Money application is tightly integrated with Internet Explorer (I think IE 6 minimum) and needs to be updated online (meaning that after it installs it will download some upgraded file and replace the existing ones).

Do you think this is doable?

Thanks in anticipation,

Roberto Silva

Looking at its entry in our compatibility center (http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1388) it certainly looks like it'd be worth a shot.

hi,

i can confirm that ms money 2005 installs and runs using crossover. i read elsewehre that it was necessary to install ms money (and update) in a windows 98 bottle. following the update, one must then change to a windows 2000 bottle. i used this method - other combinations may work as well.

while we are on the subject, i would like to add a question of my own. when quit ms money from "file->close" the window goes blank but the icon on my mac dock still show active. if i try to quit from the doc icon, it has no effect. when i try to quit crossover, i get an error message that ms money is still running a task. to quit, i must force the quit.

is this normal behaviour ?

scott

Sounds like the app doesn't quit cleanly in Crossover. That's not too unusual, at least it crashes at quit instead of at start.

ha ha ha ...

ok, so it's normal behaviour for an unsupported application. the application seems to work fine, is there any chance that you support ms money 2005 to iron out these little problems ?

<soapbox>

ms money is only app i've brought across from my old windows machine. searching the web led to a variety of unsatisfactory solutions. i have also found forums where people pray for a mac version of this application, but finish by installing a windows vm to run it. there is a real opportunity here for mac users who are looking for a packages solution espcially since the program seems to run well.

</soapbox>

thanks for your consideration,

scott

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXB0ZUNodzZBdE1nYXZjdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9