CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Counter-Strike Freezing?

Hello!
So I installed steam and Counter-Strike just fine, but after about 5 minutes of playing Counter-Strike it starts freezing, for like 10-20 seconds, then it's fine for a second or two, then freezes again for 10-20 seconds, making it impossible for me to play.
Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks!

-Bennett

Also I'm running a 250 GB HD 4 GB RAM 2.4GHz Macbook.

-Bennett

I'm sorry, I never heard of a problem like this before. Does it also happen if you start your own server?

Honestly, I haven't tried that, but I'd assume so, it happens in every server I've tried.
Could heat be the problem? I do have the laptop on my lap for the time I'm playing.

-Bennett

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I'm grateful to CodeWeavers to be able to run Counter-Strike on my MacBook Pro (1.83 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1600), but am a bit frustrated that the game will frequently lock up for about 30 - 60 seconds. I can still see the display (it just freezes), and the last second of sound will loop over and over (like a stutter). I've turned off Steam Community notifications while in the game, have set all advanced video settings to their minimal values ("low", "off", etc), and am launching with "-novid +mat_hdr_level 0 -dxlevel 70" -- all to no avail. Running the video stress test returns a frame rate of 70.02 fps. The gameplay is completely smooth and fine until it locks up and I get shot in the head 20 times by everyone around me.

Please help!
-Adam

Same here. (macbookpro)

Persistent freezes. Counter-strike unplayable. Can anybody play this thing?
Its not a server thing, when its freezed nothing works, the whole game is stuck. no keyboard/mouse input, no menus, completely stuck.

zeto

Try to turn off hard disk power management while playing. MacOS might shut down your HD at some point. When CS needs some data, it has to spin up first, which takes a few seconds.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYWVKbXA1OE51UnZGbkM1MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9