CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IE7 & IE8

How do I install IE7 and IE8 latest beta? To many people the only reason we want windows on our wonderful MAC's is to test things in IE6-8. Is this possible? Otherwise, I guess I still have to keep using parallels, which I really dislike.

At this time neither IE7 or IE8 work in Crossover.

Can you PLEASE put an official announcement of when you are going to support IE7?? I've been waiting for this for almost a year. IE6 is almost impossible to use since it crashes constantly. All the web developers that bought your software desperately need this update.

IE7 will be supported in the upcoming release of Crossover 8.

This is the reason I am selling my copy of Crossover on ebay for $1. If it can only run a 10 year old Browser than what good is it. IE6 crashes constantly on me, so I spent the last few hours trying to get IE8 to install. No such luck.

This software sucks Codeweaver.

Of course if Crossover doesn't work for what you need it for we'll gladly give you a refund of your purchase. Just send an email to info@codeweavers.com and we can go from there.

No offense... I appreciate your good will in offering refunds to dissatisfied customers. Especially to people of less than tactful comments. But, could you be an shorter in response and any more robotic? I mean you ARE customer service and they are customers. Even if annoying and rude customers like most people are.

😀

I too, only acquired CrossOver for IE support. But, I shall wait for CrossOver 8. That's why they invented virtualbox. Plus, I can almost guarantee that they got their copies from the "give way" a couple months back.

Is there a release date for CrossOver 8? I would really like to see some horrible browsers running on my nice Macbook Pro. Thanks.

We expect our next release of CrossOver to come out in April, we do not have a specific date as we want to go through beta cycles prior to release. That is the best I can do for information on a specific release date at this point. My apologies.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmVoVHBOcngyTUhoeWhzdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9