CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Steam Community and TF2 minimize
Ronald Kirk
Ronald Kirk
Posted 2008-11-09 23:16
I'm running Steam on my 15" MacBook Pro (2.4 ghz 2 gig ram, geforce 8600 card) on crossover.
Just starting the other day I've had a problem getting into my steam community. Whenever I click on the community tab in Steam, it takes me to a log in page and when I put in my user name and password it just says login failed. same thing on their website.
At first i thought it was steam, because it was doing the same thing on their website steamcommunity.com but it did it in safari, firefox, and IE on windows and mac computers.
But then I logged onto my steam on a friends PC and it worked fine.

Also, if I accidently minimize TF2 while playing (by command ~ or a 5th mouse button), when I maximize it the whole screen is black except a small little thumbnail sized chunk that works fine.
sometimes I can get it working.. sometimes not. I'm not sure how though
Ronald Kirk
Ronald Kirk
Posted 2008-11-11 18:06
So. Steam told me to rename my ClientRegistry.blob file in C:\Program Files\Steam
How can I find it? And files for my other games, where program files would be in windows?
Caron Wills
Caron Wills
Posted 2008-11-18 16:07
The path to the Clientregistry.blob file is:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Steam/drive_c/Program Files/Steam
Master_Drow
Master_Drow
Posted 2008-11-22 01:14
Try the screen refresh  it is option command R. This tells crossover to refresh the current window. This can often take about 15 to 20 seconds as it has to recalculate the graphics, but if you do it in the main menu (not in a game/server) it will work much faster (only has to generate the background picture).
Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell Mystical Exalted Nigh-invincible Supreme Raging Atomic Dragon Turbo Chief Senior Advocate
Posted 2009-03-08 18:16
I have this same problem anytime I'm notified of a steam event, or of a steam group notification.  Anybody know if this bug is a high priority fix?
Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour Advocate
Posted 2009-03-09 13:31
This should be fixed in Crossover Games 7.2

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTcwNTQ3NzcwfQ==