CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fonts within Outlook

I have seen this complaint a few times on this forum and never have a sen an answer - which is a shame. The idea is cool, but the fint really is ugly. Also, I am running CX 7.1. I am running OSX 10.5.5. I have the core fonts installed within my bottle. Here is the outlook photo:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pqrrwFWZX2ENMs7XRcqArA

You will see that the menu options look ok. The real issue is the email content. My Mac programs all look nice.

Thanks,
David

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem - particularly I've noticed it with the Arial font, which seems to display identically to Arial Narrow. Also, Helvetica displays in the same way, so it wouldn't appear to be anything to do with a particular font.

It's very frustrating, because Parallels gets all the font display right, but I don't really want to have to use it.

I would love to know if there's a solution to this out there!

Andrew

exactly same problem here.
Is there any fix yet ? - I installed the trail version+Outlook 2007 for the first time today.

If messages are composed in HTML format, Crossover will either match the font that the message is composed in, or, if that font is not in the Core Fonts package/installed on the OS, it will find the nearest equivalent.

The screen shot linked in the first post shows Crossover functioning normally.

Hi,

When you say that the image in the first post shows crossover working correctly, that means there is no solution to the arial font displaying incorrectly? Can you explain why it seems to be only the Arial/Helvetica fonts that display incorrectly?

I have copied fonts from my windows installation into the fonts folder for the crossover bottle I am using.

Thanks,

Andrew

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSjRtbmdzV0JWY0puclpQRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9