CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Project 2003 - Installing SP3?

I have installed MS Project in a win2000 bottle. Got past the "gbui://mainpage.htm/" issue.

Now I am trying to open MS Project 2007 files. MS Project 2003 tells me I need the converter and points me to MS Project SP3. I download this and try to run it. And the MS Project SP3 Install says "The expected version of the product was not found."

How do you install MS Project SP3?

How do you open MS Project 2007 files in MS Project 2003?

Thanks, Roy.

I fixed this by choosing the bootle and installing the SP3 as an unsupported program. The MS Project 2007 files seemed to open fine.

Hi Roy.

I did as you did, but my results are still the same:

The expected version of your product was not found on your system.

Here is the SP3 file that I downloaded from Microsoft's website:

Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe

Incidentally, I successfully installed SP1 and SP2 prior to attempting SP3. I'm using CrossOver Standard V7.1.0.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Dan

Try putting your Office 2003 CD in the computer before running the SP3 update, sometimes the updater needs files from the CD to work.

You actually need to download Project2003SP3-KB923622-FullFile-ENU.exe. You have the wrong file.

I have the correct file and Crossover v7.1.0. When I try to install the update using install unsupported software, it fails with "The update cannot be applied". My bottle is Windows 2000 and I haven't installed Project Service Pack 1 or 2, but according to the information about the Service Pack 3 download, I shouldn't have to.

Ah ha, I found out that this is a regression in Crossover itself. This use to work in Crossover 6.2, but hasn't worked since Crossover 7 was released. I've flagged our internal bug report and have asked our devs to look at this and get it fixed up before Crossover 8 comes out.

Just saw this thread. I have crossover 7.1 for linux and Mac and was able to install Project 2003 SP3 without incident from the downloaded file. Just thought I would let you know it is working on some installs.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0FlU1VFQ2ZWV2c0M1JTdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9