CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

temporary lockups while typing in Outlook

I have Crossover for Mac 7.1.0 running on a newer Mac Pro for an install of Office XP (2002) with SP3 loaded.

Everything seems to work properly except for an annoying thing with Outlook. When I hit new message, sometimes (most of the time) the system will "freeze up" for a few seconds while i'm typing the message. I have to wait until it 'un-freezes' before I can continue typing.

When it does this... I can still move the mouse around to bring up my dock and click around on my top menu bar, however the cursor is hidden while I'm scrolling over the actual outlook window. I figured maybe it was the spelling/grammar check, but even with those disabled, it still happens.

Then I thought it may be a problem with "Word as your email editor", but when I type normally in word (standalone) I don't have any problems.

Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT
I noticed there's a few people that have similar issues with newer versions of office (2003/2007), but didn't mention the older XP (2002) with SP3 loaded, so I'll leave the topic for now... thanks.

--rob

we haven't seen much of this with Office XP. Did you actually try turning off "Word as your email editor"? That can bring more stability and speed to Outlook under Crossover (even if Word, on its own, works fine).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUHVzWDZVUG5lUTUzOUxwUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9